Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Ford significantly updated the Fusion for the 2010 model year. We wish they hadn't

2010 Ford Fusion engine problems

2010 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 5 of 5)

Dec 152010

Fusion 4-cyl

The area of the heater / dashboard makes a gurgle or sloshing noise at startup and upon acceleration. There is clearly air in the heating/cooling system that could be damaging internal parts. Ford does not currently have a repair for this issue.

- Rootstown, OH, USA

Feb 052010

Fusion 4-cyl

Purchased a new 2010 Ford Fusion SE I-4 in October, 2009. I drove the vehicle for 4 months and noticed a water-sloshing/waterfall sound (similar to a dishwasher) coming from the dashboard area upon start-up and low acceleration in cold weather. Took the vehicle to the same Ford dealership it was purchased from to perform service. After 5 visits and nearly 1 year later, the issue is still remaining. Ford has issued 2 technical service bulletins on the issue, none of which have been able to solve the issue. Ford claims to not know what is causing the sound, but maintains that it is not a safety or drive-ability issue. Ford claims the issue is air bubbles trapped in the heater core, but during a service visit, no air was removed from the heater core system and the problem persisted. This is unacceptable for a brand new vehicle.

- Ada, MI, USA

Jun 062010

I own a 2010 Ford Fusion hybrid. I was pulling my car into my garage to park it. I had slowed my car down very slowly before I pulled into my driveway. The car was "idling" into the driveway. About 5 feet from the wall and 2 feet from where I usually stop, the accelerator slowly pulled down toward the floor. It took me one or two seconds to realize what was happening. During that time, my car moved head on toward the garage wall. I pressed on the brake and the car stopped. The car had already slammed straight into the wall of my garage. My toddler was in the backseat of the car and started crying. I was shocked by what had happened. I loved that car and always believed that it was the perfect car. Now, I have damage to the car and to my house. Most importantly, the car spontaneously accelerated and a person could have been caught between my car and that garage. I was going to go to a popular grocery store in my neighborhood that day. But, I decided not to do so because my toddler was looking sleepy. If I had gone to the store, I could have run a shopper over with my out-of-control car. I called the dealership who sold me the car immediately. They did not call me back.

- Fullerton, CA, USA

Sep 012009

The contact owns a 2010 Ford Fusion. The contact stated the engine would intermittently stall without warning and lose all power. The dealer performed diagnostic testing and found the air filter was not properly installed and was causing the vehicle to stall. The failure persisted. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer where they were unable to duplicate the failure. The manufacturer advised there could be no repairs made to the vehicle until the failure was able to be diagnosed. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 900 and the current mileage was approximately 14,000. Updated10/27/10.

- Hebron , KY, USA