- January 25: Ford Fiesta and Focus Transmission Lawsuit Follows Complaints
- January 20: Ford Trucks Investigated After Reports of Stalling Engines
- January 1: Ford Recalls Escape and Lincoln MKC SUVs
- December 18: Ford Recalls 500,000 Mustangs To Fix Exploding Airbags
- December 4: Ford Recalls Mustang Sports Cars and Transit Connect Cargo Vans
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Ford dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2010 Ford Fusion has a massive number of NHTSA complaints (over 1,000) about sudden deceleration while driving.
The Federal investigation was closed in March 2014 when Ford agreed to a voluntary "customer satisfaction program" covering 1.6 million vehicles that extends the warranty on the throttle body to 10 years/150,000 miles.
Unfortunately it's not a recall, so Fusion owners have to wait for the inconvenience of the throttle body failing before Ford will fix it.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 46,729 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 15 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- not sure (5 reports)
- replace throttle body (5 reports)
- transmission rebuild (3 reports)
- new transmission replacement (2 reports)