CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2011 Fusion builds off the 2010's reputation. That's not a good thing.

2011 Ford Fusion steering problems

2011 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 2 of 28)

Aug 112016

Fusion

Takata inflators I recovered a letter 3 monts ago saying my airbag needed to be replaced. The letter stated that I would get a call or email telling me when to taky care for repairs I have not heard anything else.also my steering has gone out in my car I can not get anyone to tell me why they just keep saying I can fix it. Its becoming to the point were I can't drive. What do I need to

- Vincent, AL, USA

Sep 102016

Fusion 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that the power steering warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the steering assembly needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was approximately 60,000. Updated 12/01/16

- Rives Junction, MI, USA

Jul 282016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While driving 30 mph, the power steering failed without warning and became difficult to operate. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the power steering pump needed to be replaced. The vehicle was repaired, but the failure recurred twice. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 62,702.

- Clearwater, FL, USA

Sep 012016

Fusion

Faulty steering light came on several times and then turn off while driving.... and today 09/01/2016 the steering column locked up and unable to use even if the car is turned off and on. The car was in reverse when it locked.

- Lytle, TX, USA

Aug 012016

Fusion

There's a creaking sound that is coming from the right side of the vehicle hen you're driving. The creaking sound comes to play when you're driving 5 minutes into your travel. The sound tends to come and go but at times, it gets really bad. I've had other people comment on the sound and have seen on Ford forums that this has been a common issue with this vehicle.

- Falls Church, VA, USA

Aug 302016

Fusion

I entered my VIN number knowing my car has the takata recall but wanting it fixed sometime before "the future", and I found that my car had a power steering recall from 2015 that I was never notified of.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 262016

Fusion

The power steering keeps failing while driving. We get a power steering assist fault car is very hard to steer and control. This is very dangerous.

- Alexandria, KY, USA

Aug 262016

Fusion

Driving along on a busy street and a service power steering soon appeared and after making a left turn the steering stopped I immediately pulled over as I was unable to drive it had to get car towed. Was not on a highway was driving along about 40mph.

- Oxford, NC, USA

Mar 232016

Fusion

I was driving my 2011 Ford Fusion, and my vehicle locks up almost causing me to reck! I had to slam on breaks. After getting the vehicle under control I called B & B Ford's to let them know what's going on. I ended up having my vehicle towed to the Ford dealership. The Ford dealership mention the power was my rack and pinion had to be replace because it was causing problems with my power steering, which cost me $1650.51. Since having the power steering fixed, I been to the dealership over 5 times for the same problems and been having to pay them over and over! something the B & B Ford said they fixed the first time I gave them 1650.51

- Bamberg, SC, USA

Jul 262016

Power steering went out

- Birch Run, MI, USA

Jul 072016

Fusion

I went to turn the car on one day and the message "power steering assist fault" appeared. The steering wheel would not turn and the power steering was inoperable. It continues to do this every time the car is turned on. I took it to a Ford dealership because I found that there was a recall on an electrical issue in the power steering system on the 2011 Ford Fusion. I was told that my VIN was not covered under the recall. I have seen multiple complaints similar to mine on message boards for car trouble.

- Fort Oglethorpe, GA, USA

Jul 142016

Fusion

I was driving my car when all of a sudden I go to make a right turn in my steering wheel locked up on me completely I instantly ran over the sidewalk almost hitting another vehicle and a person. I then called my brother to push my vehicle off the sidewalk back into the street. I then had my brother trying to drive it to a Ford dealership in hagerstown Maryland which then it was so hard to do the steering wheel was so hard to turn but he is a strong guy so he managed to get it to the dealership also we was only a mile away from that dealership. I then went inside in was told that there was a recall on the powersteering but from my VIN number mines wasnt covered"?? im not understanding why because I looked it up online and it clearly states on every website that I have checked that a 2011 Ford Fusion sel without a 3.5 engine is covered in the recall. My car is still at the dealership because I dont have the money to pay for this and need someone to explain to me why is it just my vehicle that is covered on this recall"

- Hagerstown, MD, USA

Feb 072016

Takata recall. Steering

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Feb 102015

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 15V340000 (steering), 15V793000 (fuel system, gasoline), and 16V384000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable timeframe to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact experienced power steering failure. The parts were not available for months. The failure mileage was unknown. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Hiawassee, GA, USA

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While driving at an unknown speed, the steering wheel seized without warning. The vehicle was towed to a dealer where it was diagnosed that the power steering rack failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 15V340000 (steering). The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 140,000.

- Greer, SC, USA

Fusion

Have the power steering assist failure and service advancetrac messages. VIN not under recall for some reason even though it's a 2011 Ford Focus manufactured in Mexico. Turning ignition off and back on does not fix the issue.

- Coldwater, OH, USA

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. While reversing out of a parking space, the power steering malfunctioned, and the steering wheel locked and became extremely hard to maneuver. The vehicle resumed normal operation after turning off and restarting the engine. The vehicle was not taken to the dealer. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 16,000. Updated 09/08/16

- Laurel, MD, USA

Jul 082016

Fusion

There has been 4 times my steering wheel becomes very hard for me to turn. It has happened once while driving and 3 times after parking and starting my car it happens. I get the message of power steering assist fault.

- Memphis, TN, USA

Jul 052016

Fusion

Check power steering light came on while driving in our neighborhood/subdivision and power steering went out, making the car very hard to steer. We started/stopped the car several times to get the light to shut off. We were fortunate that we were not going that fast or been on the freeway where an accident could have occurred. There was no warning for the power steering to just cut out completely and we had no issues up to the time the light came on. We took it to dealership and was told that the repair would run $1,800. The same car made in the same plant with the same issues was part of a recall, but unfortunately out vehicle was made several weeks before the recall period. Ford refused to cover even part of the repair even though they acknowledged that the same problem was covered for other vehicles.

- Canton, MI, USA

Jul 012016

Fusion

The contact owns a 2011 Ford Fusion. The contact stated that while driving at 15 mph, the steering wheel became difficult to maneuver and required force. The vehicle was serviced under the NHTSA campaign number: 15V340000 (steering) but the remedy failed to repair the vehicle. The contact mentioned that the electric power steering assist warning light illuminated after the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle failure mileage was 100,792.

- Upland, CA, USA