CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2013 Fusion doesn’t have the same track record of power steering failure as the previous 3 model years. Of course, those owners said their steering failed at 60k–100k miles. So this appears to be a classic "wait and see" scenario.

In the meantime, there’s plenty of interior accessory problems to complain about. By themselves, each is a barely a blip on the radar. But combined, they give you that feeling of what the hell have I gotten myself into?

2013 Ford Fusion body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Ford Fusion:

2013 Ford Fusion Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Jan 082017

Fusion

Front passenger door latch broke again, one year and 5 months after it was repaired pursuant to a recall. Ford will not honor any warranty on the part or labor and have asked me to pay more than $500 to repair it. This is a safety issue because door can swing wide open while car is in motion putting all passengers at risk of death or serious injury. Luckily, the problem was discovered after vehicle was parked, passenger exited and door would not shut any longer.

- Montebello, CA, USA

Jan 122017

Fusion

Passenger door will not latch and swings open.

- Deerfield Beach, FL, USA

Nov 222016

Fusion

Ford door latch issue. Door is very difficult to latch shut, even when the door does latch shut, it has a frequent habit of popping open while driving down the road. I have notified Ford of the issue. Ford has refused to resolve the issue even though they have a recall on these vehicles for this problem but mine is not on the recall list. This is the second Ford I have owned that has had the same issue as other vehicles that were on the recall list but mine were not. Very dissatisfied with Ford, their product, and there customer relations for not getting this resolved. Never again shall I own another Ford product. Buyers beware, if you purchase a Ford, it will likely have safety issues and no, they will not fix it for you. By the way, the door latch needed to fix the issue is monopolized by the Ford Motor Company. What seems to be a cheap foreign made $5 product is a whopping $186 from Ford. Again, buyer beware.

- Brandon, MS, USA

Nov 282016

Fusion

Right rear door latch failed while making left turn swinging open

- Melbourne, AR, USA

Nov 232016

Fusion

Passenger door will not latch. The door will not stay shut and it opens easily. I was driving on the freeway and the door opened when I was braking. The door also opens by itself when I make left turns. I took the vehicle to the Ford dealership and I was told I needed to pay for it out of pocket.

- El Paso, TX, USA

Oct 122016

Fusion 4-cyl

Latch on driver's side door that had been replaced under recall (Ford recall 15S16, NHTSA campaign # 15V250000) failed and caused door to open unexpectedly while driving. I had to physically hold the door to keep it shut in order to get the car home and then to the dealership. I probably should have had it towed instead of driving it. Ford failed to replace part under warranty because of number of miles that had been driven since the latch was replaced under the recall. Ford part # used to replace latch was fe8Z 5421813 C.

- Mt Pleasant, SC, USA

Oct 232016

Fusion

Rear passenger door latch is not working. The car was in motion on a city street when the "door is ajar" alert came on. There was a child in the back seat at the time.

- San Antonio, TX, USA

Oct 162016

Fusion

8/15/15 vehicle went in for replacement/painting of two new front doors due to rust at inside edges. Today 10/16/16, noticed paint bubbling at the edge of the hood in the same manner. Both at an area where the metal is "crimped" at edge.

- Trenton, KY, USA

Oct 062016

Fusion

Passenger side door latch would not latch allowing door to be securely shut. Door had to be tied shut until repairs could be made. Dealer said it was known defect but charged for repair.

- Port Orange, FL, USA

Sep 262016

Fusion

The passenger door latch stopped working and I had to use rope to keep the door shut. The service department confirmed that the latch was internally faulty and was replaced at my expense.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Oct 052016

Fusion

The rear passenger door latch failed again, the recall was performed 14 months ago. The dealer refused to repair it under the recall. I took the car back and it is parked in the garage with the battery disconnected.

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA

Sep 172016

Fusion

The rear passenger door will not shut and I had to hold it close with a bungee cord. Bill utter Ford in denton, tx. Said this VIN was not included in the recall and they charged me to fix the issue. I would like to be reimbursed and have the remaining doors fixed. This vehicle needs to be included in the recall for the faulty door latch.

- Denton, TX, USA

Sep 062016

Fusion

There rear door latch will not lock in place at all, therefore the door will not stay closed. The door opened on its own while going around a corner.

- Albuquerque, NM, USA

Aug 012016

Fusion

The rear passenger-side door latch broke, leaving the door just swinging open after the vehicle had been parked. We took it to a Ford dealer, who looked up the VIN and found that another door latch on this vehicle had been replaced previously. I investigated and found that this vehicle had been recalled for door latches, and that all 4 were to have been replaced. However, apparently only one on this vehicle was corrected. We had only owned the car for 2-1/2 months when this happened, and had never been advised of the recall. I complained to Ford, and was told the recall was closed. Since the records show only one latch was repaired when all were supposed to be, it would seem that I should get reimbursed for the latch I had to fix as well as getting the other 2 replaced. This is a very dangerous flaw that could result in the door flying open while being driven!

- Halifax, VA, USA

Aug 302016

Fusion

Right rear passenger door came open while driving.as latch assembly was faculty.

- Stone Mountain, GA, USA

Aug 212016

Fusion

Front passenger door fails to close. Will not latch. Happened when vehicle was parked. Had to wrap seat belt around it to get it to the dealer for repair. Dealer claims it is not under recall.

- Apple Valley, CA, USA

Aug 052016

Fusion

On Friday 8/05/16 while vehicle was in motion in a residential area in imperial, ca, the front drivers side door opened. I attempted to shut the door many times but was not successful. I had to pull over and drive the rest of the way home (two blocks) holding the door with one hand. The door will not shut and just springs back when it should hold shut. After a search online I discovered this is a safety recall for my car, when I called my local Ford dealership to report it and take it in they stated my VIN number was not on the recall list and I would have to contact Ford co. I spoke with Ford co. They informed me that I would have to take my care in for a "diagnostic check" since I could not prove over the phone something was wrong with my vehicle. I once again contacted my local Ford dealership and was told to have my car fixed and pay $300 I would be able to have it ready the following day but for a diagnostic check it would be three weeks. I was also told I would have to pay privately until Ford co. Added my VIN number to the recall list.

- El Centro, CA, USA

Aug 172016

Fusion

A recall has been sent regarding failing door latches that should be replaced. I have tried for approx. 2 months to get the dealer to fix this. They say the parts are on back order, but I get Ford mailings that the parts are available. I cannot get any definitive info from the dealer, don bohn Ford. I consider the potential of a failing door latch to be life threatening and am not getting any response from the dealer. I called Ford customer service and they say they will get back to me. This goes unresolved.

- Luling, LA, USA

Aug 132016

Fusion

I'm having an issue with the passenger door not latching properly. Ford has advised it's not part of the large recall for the exact same issue.

- Indian Harbour Beach, FL, USA

Jun 152016

Fusion

I want a refund for replacing my latch on my Fusion two months ago. It came open while driving and now I see a recall for the exact same issue, but my Fusion is not on the list. I had it done at Ford of el cajon. 2013 Ford Fusion 4D 2wd SE I contacted Ford and am attaching their response.

- Ramona, CA, USA