- September 25: Jeep Grand Cherokee Gear Shifter Lawsuits Filed by 2 Moms news | 2 days ago
- September 15: Chrysler Recalls Cars and SUVs After 3 Deaths, 5 Injuries recalls | 12 days ago
- September 8: Jeep Cherokee Recalled to Fix Loose Seats recalls | 19 days ago
- September 6: Chrysler Sued In Death of Jeep Patriot Driver news | 21 days ago
- August 31: Lawsuit: Jeep ZF Shifter Caused Grand Cherokee Rollaway news | 27 days ago
2014 Jeep Cherokee
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2014 Jeep Cherokee shows an early trend of transmission complaints. Most of the complaints are for rough shifting — things like jerking & hesitation when shifting gears.
We are keeping an eye on things but the 2014 Cherokee doesn't look like a good model year compared to past years.
Worst 2014 Cherokee engine Problems
Click on a problem below to read more.
- engine stalls/shuts down while driving16
- loud rattling from engine3
- check engine light on2
- engine runs rough2
- engine starts, then dies2
- unintended acceleration2
- accelerates with A/C on1
- engine would not start1
- idling high1
- loud whistling noise on startup and continues while driving1
- noise at acceleration1
- rpms increase/decrease by 500-750rpm1
- unresponsive, jerky, unsafe acceleration1
- water sucked into intake/engine destroyed1
- NHTSA: Engine165
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control73
- NHTSA: Engine And Engine Cooling4
- NHTSA: Vehicle Speed Control: Cruise Control1
Stay Up to Date
Compare Jeep Cherokee Model Years
Curious how the 2014 Cherokee compares to other years?
Check out our Jeep Cherokee overview to see the most problematic years, worst problems and most recently reported complaints with the Cherokee.