CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.

6.7

1. reinstall door handles (3 reports)
2002 Nissan Altima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Altima:

2002 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Dec 012013

Altima 4S 2.5L

WHY is this NOT part of a recall???? I see tons of these vehicles (and even a Nissan Murano!!) with the exact same problem - broken door handle. Why should I have to pay for this after purchasing the vehicle when this is obviously a design flaw????!!!! GTH Nissan.

- , Raleigh, NC, USA

Mar 132014

Altima

I can't believe what cheap plastic handles are on my great Nissan Altima. This is not only very inconvenient but painful, physically and economically I just had to call AAA Road service to get me into my car in my driveway because a second door handle snapped off. Now I can afford to get my driver side door handle replaced and when I tried to get into my car this AM, the back door driver side second handle just broke off! I am down to two door handles and that is definitely a safety risk, too.

- , Arundel, ME, USA

Dec 032013

Altima

I can't believe what a cheap plastic handle is on my great Nissan Altima. This is not only very inconvenient but painful, physically and economically I am a senior citizen on a restricted budget and it is very hard for me to get the door open from the passenger's side and harder still to afford getting it fixed. I had to make a choice of getting my windshield replaced or getting this fixed on the week I finally could afford to get it done.

- , Arundel, ME, USA