CarComplaints.com Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.

2002 Nissan Altima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Altima:

2002 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jun 202005

Altima 4-cyl

My doors will lock automatically while the key is in or out of the ignition and the vehicle can be running at times. Or if I unlock my car using the key fob, and I don't open the door right then, they relock themselves automatically. When I took my vehicle in for a service and I inquired about this to the service manager, I was told that my vehicle checked out fine when they hooked it up to the diagnostic machine. But my vehicle continues to still lock it self.

- Barstow, CA, USA