Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: Here's a disturbing trend for the 2002 Nissan Altima: the engine starts burning oil like crazy, the catalytic converter goes bad, the head gasket blows and eventually the entire engine needs replacement. Sound familiar? Like a script from a horror film, these Altimas seem doomed to fail around 95k miles.

2002 Nissan Altima fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2002 Nissan Altima:

2002 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Aug 102012

Altima S 2.5L 4i

I would like to know besides having to shell money out of my own pocket, I bought this vehicle used from a Nissan Dealership and DID NOT LOOK at the gas cap to tell if there may be a problem with the gas cap not sealing and the check engine light coming on.

I can also smell gas vapors outside the car when I shut off the engine and get out.

Who pays for the NEW gas filler Nozzle?????

It had better NOT be me, I've only had the car a week, nice eh??

- , Oshawa, Ontario, Canada