2004 Nissan Altima electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Nissan Altima:

2004 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jul 242007

Altima SE 3.2L

I am experiencing the same problem you are having. I also have a 2004 2.5S automatic and my car has 71,000. Mine just started this at 69,000. I am under warranty for another 8,000 miles but they are telling me they can't find any reason for this. I have not had this happen to me at night and now I am really worried. Being a female, I do not want this to happen to me at night.

One other problem I have that you didn't mention is that when I am able to take off again, my car will rev up and jerk into gear like someone else punching the gas. You may not have had this happen to you but I thought I you share than just in case you do have it happen.

- , Holly Springs, MS, USA

Oct 312006

Altima 2.5S

Okay, I have a 2004 Nissan Altima. I will be driving down the road, and all the sudden I will have a power surge of some sort. Everything will stay on, but I will lose all acceleration. I will press on the gas and nothing. No lights or indicators showing anything is wrong. I will pull over, put the car in park, sit for maybe 2 minutes, then put the car into drive and drive off like everything is fine. It happened at night once now, and I noticed the lights and everything will dim, but not go out, I will pull over, then see another surge in power, the lights will brighten again and I can drive off again. I have taken it to the dealer 3 times, and they cant find anything wrong with it. No codes or nothing at all. They have tried some things, but all its doing is wasting my money. Please help me!!

- , Beaumont, CA, USA