2007 Nissan Altima drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Nissan Altima:

2007 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Aug 142007

Altima 4-cyl

I was driving my car heading home from work on the highway in steady traffic and the car wouldn't go just dropped down to zero, however the car was going about 35...I contacted my dealer and they said it was probably bad gas and to bring it in for a check..after going in and paying the 90 plus dollars I was told nothing was wrong..after time passed it didn't do it for a while and around 95thousand plus miles it did it all over again.. took car in and was told nothing was wrong..after driving and finally it wouldn't go anymore and my cars was at about 160 miles by now I took it in and was told that I need to maybe get a tune up after getting a tune up. It drove fine until I drove out of state and the car was driving but speedometer was @0. finally made it home safe after letting car cool on the highway every 50 miles and took back to shop and was told that when gettin a tune up if fluids look ok they aren't changed..so upon finding this out I was told I needed a new transmission @ a different shop put new transmission in and drove fine for 35 plus thousand miles and everything started all over again..took back and was told I needed a catalytic converter a new down flex pipe and a new transmission...I would like to know how to get a car transmission recalled or off the market cause I've never had to deal with a car like this before..I guess that's what I get for stepping out on the Acura and Honda family...:-) please look into this for me thank you!!

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Nov 072011

Altima 6-cyl

No accelerate after brake at intersection.

- Upland, CA, USA

Jun 302007

Altima 6-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Nissan Altima. While driving 55 mph, under normal driving conditions the vehicle began to jerk. The check engine light came on and contact pulled over, placed the vehicle in park, and the emergency lights illuminated. The front end of the vehicle quickly caught fire on the front drivers side and consumed the vehicle along with it's contents in less than five minutes. The contact stated that the vehicle did not loose power while it was on fire, but before the vehicle stopped it did loose its gas pressure. While the vehicle was on fire the contact could see liquid burning from the vehicle. The contact did not smell gas before the fire. The driver received bruises exciting the vehicle. The vehicle was not taken to the mechanic. The current and failure mileages were 3,500. The contact has pictures available. Updated 02-01-08 the consumer stated the vehicle was on fire when he stopped. Updated 02/01/08

- Bloomington, CA, USA