2008 Nissan Altima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 1 of 7)

Oct 032016

I would like to know what Nissan is doing to correct the melting dashboard issue. My dashboard has a sticky film on it which creates an extremely bad glare on my windshield. It makes it almost impossible to drive during the day. Recently I almost hit a pedestrian because I couldn't see the person due to the glare that the dashboard was creating. I would like to know who would have been at fault if I hit that person" the police would have blamed me for the accident but the true culprit in my eyes is Nissan because they refuse to fix the issue. How the hell can Nissan say it's not a safety issue when obviously I can't see while driving?!"

- Stafford, VA, USA

Oct 012012

My 2008 Nissan Altima dash has been melting for the past 3-4 years and is now causing an inability to see while driving. There is a large reflection on the windshield during daytime driving making it very difficult to see objects and other cars in front of me. The corporate office at Nissan offered 1/2 off the price, but I believe this should be a recall due to the dangers that it's causing for many drivers.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Feb 152015

The dashboard on my Altima started melting and cracking. Now its shining in my view as im driving under the sun. I gotta wear shades most of the time especially in the morning when my eyes are still adjusting. Ive called Nissan and they said they wont pay for a replacement due to it being out of warranty. A new replacement costs over 1000$.

- Honolulu, HI, USA

Jul 112016

Sticky substance on dash/ 2nd transmission is giving me problems

- Tuscaloosa, AL, USA

Jul 012015

Dashboard, steering wheel, and shift handle have all melted from heat. The dashboard has become almost liquified, and the glare from the now shiny surface creates a reflection on the windshield, creating a safety hazard. The steering wheel has become gummy, making steering unsafe, and the rubbery material on the shift handle has become gummy, making it difficult to safely shift gears accuarately.

- Kenner, LA, USA

Jan 012016

Dash board is melting... causing extreme glare while driving.

- Chandler, AZ, USA

May 012013

Dashboard is melting and causing glare on the windshield

- Merritt Island, FL, USA

Jan 012016

Dashboard melting resulting in sticky goo to the touch thus resulting in visibility issues. Terrible glare on windshield causing severe visibility issues - unable to see thru the glared windshield to drive safely. Attached photo shows the severity of the glare as light shines through the windshield.

- Ball Ground, GA, USA

May 012013

The dashboard of my 2008 ultima has melted into a shiny rubber causing serious visibility issues while driving during sunny bright days. I resorted to putting a plastic rectangle to cover the reflection on my morning commute, but now that plastic is stuck and semi-permanently attached to the dashboard from the stickiness. The attached pictures were taken on my driveway. Notice the reflection of the rock wall and white garage on the left side of the dashboard. During morning or afternoon sunny conditions, the glare becomes unbearable. This issue seems to be very prevalent specifically with a 2008 model year Altima. Not 2007 and not 2009 so clearly it's a defect and a hazardous one too visually. Also there are unknown consequences of the fowel tar like order within the interior of the car most prominently present afte the car sits closed for a while.

- Weston, FL, USA

Jan 012014

The dashboard of my car has melted, presumably from the hot sun. It has become sticky and mess. However, it has also become very shiny. The shine refects dangerously into the windshield while driving, obscuring objects, including cars and pedestrians, on the road. The problem first began about two years ago but has gotten progressively worse. The attached photo, taken today, shows how the driver cannot see a large SUV right in front of his vehicle because of the glare on the windshield caused by the melted dashboard.

Apr 262016

The dashboard of my 2008 Nissan Altima coupe has started melting. The glare from the sun on the inside of the windshield makes it very difficult to see oncoming traffic. Extremely difficult to see on a sunny day in late afternoon. I know there is a class action suit for this in Florida, but I live in Tennessee.

- Johnson City, TN, USA

Feb 162015

I bought a 2008 Nissan altman coupe, in October 2014. My dashboard has started to melt in several areas. Not only is there a glare on the windshield caused by the dashboard, but my car has started to smell like burning rubber when I try and use my de frost. My car is kept in the garage, and I live in Illinois.

- Simpson, IL, USA

Jan 012013

The vehicle dashboard has 'melted, ' becoming sticky and very shiny. It creates significant reflection in the windshield, reducing visibility.

Mar 012016

The dashboard seems to be melting. The dashboard appears very shiny and is sticky to the touch. The shiny dashboard creates a glare on the windshield which significantly reduces visibility. The stickiness also traps dust, dirt, etc. Adding to the reflection on the glass.

Mar 192016

2008 Nissan Altima coupe 2.5S - dashboard is melting, to a point that the reflection of it on the glass is affecting by almost 90% my visibility. Putting myself, my four years old daughter, and other (pedestrians) at risk.

- Sunny Isles Beach, FL, USA

Jan 042016

Adhesive used to assemble dashboard is deteriorating and migrating to top surface of dashboard causing severe glare which is in direct line of sight impairing safe operation of vehicle in good weather conditions. The sticky substance first appeared during January of 2016

- Concord, NC, USA

Oct 192013

My Nissan Altima dash has become sticky and shiny causing a glare that makes it hard to see at times. This also prevents it from being cleaned. It has melted. This was first noticed several years ago.

- Brunswick, GA, USA

Feb 122016

Dashboard melting. It is extremely difficult to see the pedestrian, road, vehicles due to glare on the windshield when the sunlight reflects from the dashboard. The glare impairs the vision and we had many near miss incidents that could have cost lives, property damage. We request recall considering the safety of all on the road.

- Sugar Land, TX, USA

Dec 012015

08 Nissan Altima coupe that I purchased new in South Florida February 08 that I've owned since has a melted, sticky, and cracked dashboard. Also, the dash is changing colors. The defective and melted dashboard makes it dangerous to drive because the sun reflects on the dashboard making it very hard to see out of the windshield. As referenced in the class action lawsuit tracy sanborn V. Nissan North America, Inc. My car should be covered. I spoke with a rep at 1-800-Nissan-1 and they claimed to have no idea this existing. I have opened my case and will hopefully get it fixed soon.

- Coral Springs, FL, USA

Jun 082014

The material on the dash is melting, and there are chunks breaking off, greatly affecting the value of my vehicle. This also causes a reflection on the windshield. There is a glare in the direct line of my vision and when driving into the sun it is very difficult to see. I have heard other makes of this same year have had similar problems, and had manufacture recall. Hopefully Nissan will follow suit. Soon.

- Frisco, TX, USA