2008 Nissan Altima body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Nissan Altima:

2008 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 2 of 10)

Oct 042010

Dash board is melting.... I see other have this issue! its getting worse! currently most of my the melting seams to have started at the edges where cuts for speakers and such were made. But basically anything the sits on the dashboard for more then a few min gets stuck and sticky.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 012014

Melting dashboard.

- Temple Terrace, FL, USA

Feb 052014

Altima 4-cyl

The front of the dash board on my 2008 Altima coupe S is melting and causing a huge glare on the windshield and is becoming a hazard to daytime driving.

- Starke , FL, USA

Sep 302014

Dashboard melted.

- Homestead, FL, USA

Feb 152015

I live in jacksonville, fl and the dashboard in my car appears to be melting. The glare this causes can be very bad and dangerous. I've had to struggle with seeing out of the car in the evenings because of the glare.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA

Jan 012013

Altima 4-cyl

My dashboard starting melting about 3 years ago. I left a message on Nissan facebook page and they told me to take it to a Nissan dealership to get it diagnosed. I did that and they diagnosed it as a melting dashboard. I sent all the paperwork back to them and they answered me by saying the extended warranty was expired so they couldn't do anything about it. It is very sticky and is leaving a glare on the windshield and making it hard to see. It it also cracking in various places. Nissan should not sell a car that cannot stand the South Florida sun! I would like Nissan to take charge and replace my dashboard free of charge because this is a manufacturing mistake not caused by me!

- Tamarac, FL, USA

Feb 012012

Nearly 1/3 of the dashboard has melted, leaving a sticky residue that causes extreme and sudden reflection of sunlight, including during high speed driving. This is not cosmetic - it is simply a safety issue. My mechanic, with more than 20 years experience, has stated that he has never seen a vehicle (even old vehicles) with melting as extensive. Please address this before it causes a major accident.

- St Petersburg , FL, USA

Feb 092015

Altima 4-cyl

Dash board is melting and poses a possible danger when driven in the sunlight. Vehicle is out of warranty.

- Pembroke Pines, FL, USA

Feb 072015

The dashboard has become sticky and shiny causing an unsafe glare onto the windshield.

- St Pete, FL, USA

Aug 292014

Altima 4-cyl

Cars dashboard is melting. The dashboard is literally peeling off when touched. Sticky residue remains on the dashboard and it won't clean off. Whenever the sun is out, the shiny, sticky dashboard reflects onto the windshield causing a blinding glare. This glare almost caused accidents because of the limited visibilty. This problem needs to be fixed by Nissan.

- Houston, TX, USA

Aug 022010

I live in Hawaii and after a couple of years owning this vehicle, the dashboard began to melt causing a very bad glare to the driver. The melting started small but got worse over time. I believe the glare is a safety hazard and a recall should be issued by Nissan to replace the dashboard. I have never put any kind of product, the only reason I can think of is the hot sun living in Hawaii. I have read other complaints by Nissan Altima owners in warm climates as well.

- Aiea, HI, USA

Feb 062015

Altima 4-cyl

I bought a Nissan Altima coupe from auto nation Nissan in South Florida. Since the purchase the South Florida sunlight has melted my dashboard, today I nearly got into a motor vehicle accident trying to look around the glare on my windshield caused by the melting dashboard. The melting is extremely unsafe and I'm not the only Nissan owner in South Florida experiencing this problem. Please help.

- Princeton, FL, USA

Feb 072013

The dashboard started to melt and it is only getting worst. It is sticky, you cannot clean or wipe. But the biggest problem is the extreme glare off the shiny melted surface. Despite hundreds of complaints, Nissan said they didn't know about any dashboard melt. I am also not sure if there is a health risk.

- North Lauderdale, FL, USA

May 012013

Altima 4-cyl

My wife and I started to notice that the dashboard of our car is melting. We are extremely concerned about safety because the glare off of the shiny melted surface can decrease the driver's ability to see perfectly clear. It is a hazard, especially during sunny days. I have done some research online, and I notice many other car's owner experiencing the same safety issue. The melting is getting worse and Nissan don't want to be held accountable. This should be a recall for the safety of public transportation and everyone around.

- Daytona Beach , FL, USA

Feb 022015

I'm another frustrated melting dashboard owner. Sticky, partially shiny and glare-producing. When driving in the sun the glare is a definite safety hazard. Also, concerned about the fumes and potential carcinogens being omitted that may pose additional health risks. Nissan is not standing behind this defect despite hundreds of complaints and accidents reported.

- Naples, FL, USA

Feb 102014

The dashboard on my 2008 Nissan Altima is melting so barely I thing because of the sun and the bad material. However, it makes difficult to drive during the day because of the reflective glare on the windshield. My car is only 39,800 miles. I need help from Nissan company.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 012014

Appears to be an issue with my dashboard a sticky surface has appeared within the last few months and I'm concern when it comes to me or anyone driving the vehicle during the day as this causes a glare from the sun that can be distracting and annoying at times. I also done know if IżżM breathing any hazardous chemical from this issue, there is no reason for my car to be having this issue as this has occurred on its own, please assist and advise what should be done to get this issue resolved by the manufacture since they don't want to be held liable for this issue and should stand behind their motto in serving their customer for products outside of the warranty.

- North Miami, FL, USA

Jan 012011

The dashboard is melting.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Jan 012014

Altima 6-cyl

I have a 2008 Nissan Altima 3.5sl, I live in southeast Florida. My dash is "melting" and has become a shiny, sticky black mess that creates an incredible glare on the windshield. I'm aware that this problem has been under investigation for quite some time and I want to add my name to the list of complaints. I found it annoying that the dash was melting, I've had other car dashes crack in the heat, but not melt. The main problem is that the dash is so shiny now it can be nearly impossible to see through the windshield when the sun is out. I first noticed the issue a year or so ago. I've selected Jan 1, 2014 arbitrarily. It was around that time that the issue really started being a problem.

- Lake Worth, FL, USA

Sep 152012

My 2008 Nissan Altima dash is melting. It is impossible to see when facing the sun and a safety hazard. Nissan needs to recall this item.

- Lumberton, TX, USA