2012 Nissan Altima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Nissan Altima:

2012 Nissan Altima Owner Comments (Page 2 of 2)

Feb 012013

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the passenger air bag warning light remained illuminated althought the passenger seat was occupied. The vehicle was taken to the dealer numerous times. The dealer reprogrammed the air bag system and performed repairs for recall NHTSA campaign number 14V138000 (air bags, electrical system). However the failure was not corrected. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The failure mileage was 1,700 and the current mileage was 25, 800.

- Citrus Heights, CA, USA

Nov 302013

Altima 4-cyl

Bought this car Nov 30 2013 from the dealer that originally owned it, it was a loaner car for their service dept. From day one that I have owned it, the passenger airbag light goes on an off at will. With nothing in the seat, it comes on and off, with a person in the seat it also comes on and off. This is a major safety issue! I took it to the dealer and they said it didn't do it while they were looking at it. Bring it back when it gets worse.... there are alot of these cars out there with this problem! there needs to be a recall on the sensor/seat/electrical system related to this. I am sure there is a short in the system. My grandmother's 2012 Altima also does this same thing. Also something is leaking onto the passenger side floorboard by the console. The dealer said it was a body panel and "fixed" it, but it is still leaking in the same spot, I have not had time to take it back to the dealer yet for the leak.

- Ocean Springs, MS, USA

Aug 042012

Altima 4-cyl

The "passenger air bag off" light on even when an adult passenger is in the passenger seat. It goes off after like 10-15 minutes. This happens very frequently and I believe those 10-15 minutes without passenger air bag off is too dangerous to live with in case if some accident happens.

- Herndon, VA, USA

Jan 122013

Altima 4-cyl

The passenger side air bag off warning light intermittently turns on when there is a passenger seated in the passenger seat. This indicates that if there were an accident while this warning light is on; the passenger air bag would not go off; which can result in serious injury. I have brought this vehicle to the dealer three times for this issue and they tell me that there are no "codes" to be read and they are unable to reproduce this. The dealer expressed concern that they would have to replace the entire passenger seat because the occupancy classification sensor can't be individually replaced. Apparently this seat is quite expensive; over $2000 and the dealer claims that they can't just replace it without some authorization from Nissan. I have even taken a video of my wife in the car seated in the passenger seat and the airbag off warning light is turned on ( and have provided a link to the dealer. I have called Nissan Consumer Affairs hoping they would have my car fixed. They reply they gave was that since the dealer couldn't reproduce it; they can't do anything. My wife is afraid of driving in the car with me for fear that she could be injured. I have even posted this video so my last resort is to report this to NHTSA where I see that someone else has posted a similar incident.

- Milford, MI, USA

Apr 012012

The contact owns a 2012 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light erroneously illuminated. The vehicle was driven to the dealer where the failure could not be replicated. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the issue. The failure and current mileages were unavailable.

- Hunchville, AL, USA

Jan 092012

Altima 4-cyl

I was driving my vehicle and was traveling at speed of the road and I wanted to make a full stop but I hit a car in front of me! I pushed and pushed the brakes and the vehicle never brake!! also my air bags did not deploy!! there is physical and bodily damage to the car in front of me! also my car was damaged! Nissan should step up to fix this problem!

- Avondale , AZ, USA