Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount of low-mileage problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

2015 Nissan Altima accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 072016

This is the second Nissan Altima that I've had. A vehicle ifo me will throw a rock and cause my windshield to crack; not chip. Nissan doesn't make good windshields. Both of my vehicles along with multiple people that I know have had the same crack on their Altima. Please consider the material they use or the actual windshield to be defective.

- Montgomery, AL, USA

Feb 132016

Bought this car less than three months ago... on Friday February 12th 2016, I parked my car in the garage when I got home from work... then on Saturday the 13th, I went in the garage and there was a massive crack starting just a few inches above the bottom right (passenger side) and extending over 12 inches toward the center. There was absolutely no reason for this to occur! I am so upset! I have gone out of my way to take extra extra extra great care of my new car and then this crack came out of nowhere! I took it to the dealers a few days ago and they said they can't cover it... I've researched this a ton and will be filing complaints everywhere until I get this resolved. This was literally the most random/heart breaking this ever ! there is no reason why this should have happened. I am so upset with Nissan and fully regret deciding to purchase an Altima! this should be recalled already!!!

- Irvine, CA, USA

Jul 162015

Washer solvent wal-mart brand bug remover type added to washer tank, within two weeks washer system plugged and it was found that black slime (mold) was in the tank. Washer solvent bottle made by splash products also had black mold like slime in it. Reported to the store and corporate was advised and no one from the manufacturer has contacted the customer to resolve this. Corporate noted that another complaint appeared of the same problem in another state.

- Lakeland, FL, USA

Sep 292014

The windshield cracked for no good reason. Took it to the dealer where they run a pen down the seam and claim that there's an impact. I'm an engineer and I can attest stress fracture on a glass doesn't guarantee that there's no chip on the edge along the way. This look like a stress fracture, or workmanship defect. NHTSA, please investigate this can lead into serious accident if it happens while driving in highway.

- Sanford, FL, USA