Please take a moment & say thank you by donating $5 or whatever you can to the Center for Auto Safety. Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount of low-mileage problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

2015 Nissan Altima brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Apr 012015

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the brakes made a loud screeching noise when the brake pedal was depressed. The vehicle jerked and stopped quickly regardless of the amount of pressure to the brake pedal. The dealer diagnosed that the brake pads failed and needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure recurred. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 39,000.

- Riverdale, GA, USA

Jun 232016

First I was pulling out of my driveway and the car just stopped, I started the car back up and it went. I drove about 3 miles and it was like I couldn't steer the car and as I was pressing the brakes the car was like accelerating. I had to repeatedly push on brakes for the car to slow down and stop. I haven't had this car but 6 months and it's a new vehicle

- Jackson, TN, USA

Apr 232016

Brake issue, ABS, traction, while driving my car at 15 mph my brakes locked up and stopped my car in the middle of the road (with traffic) fairly forceful stop I might add. There has also been a grinding noise when applying the brakes at random time. 1 week prior to the issue with the brakes my driving assist sensors malfunctioned. After obtaining a rental car the Saturday that my brakes failed I was told that Monday morning that my car was fine and that my brakes failed when my driver assist sensors malfunctioned a week prior. Talk about scary and my family no longer feels safe in my car. Nissan told me this was a normal function of the car and there was nothing they could do about it. There is also according to Nissan rep an unknown clanking noise coming from the suspension and or steering. I truly believe that with all of these issues going on there is a huge risk of my family being in harms way.

- Tifton, GA, USA

Apr 062016

While driving 3-5 mph in a roundabout, the right front brake engaged on its own, locking the right front wheel. This caused the car to shake and the right wheel screeched to a halt while the left wheel could still move. I immediately pressed the brake to stop the car. I had to press and release the brake at least twice before the right front wheel brake unlocked. I drove to my home less than 1/3 mile away and examined the right front wheel. I could smell burning rubber and the wheel was very hot. During the 16 months I have owned this car, there have been several instances where it seemed the front brakes were engaging for no reason. These incidents occur when I am merging onto the highway or rounding a curve at speeds greater than 45 mph. It feels like one or both front brakes are engaging briefly and immediately releasing, even though I am not pressing the brake pedal. The front end of the car will shake and it feels like the front wheels are wobbling as if they are loose. I checked both wheels after these incidents and could not visually identify any problems. Neither wheel was loose or worn.

- Tallahassee, FL, USA

Mar 302016

Brakes on my car are squeaking very loudly. Just had them fixed a week ago and they are worse now then they were before. Applying the brake with a little pressure there is no noise anything more than that there is a lot of noise that I am now afraid to drive it.

- Plainfield, IL, USA

Dec 232015

I was at the top of the street when I tried to press on the brakes to slow down because of a red light ahead. The brakes malfunctioned and my car accelerated faster. I then stepped on my E-brakes and my car continued to go faster instead of slowing down. The next thing I remember is rear ending the back of a SUV. I have anti-lock brakes and they did not work either. I was about 200ft away from this vehicle so I has plenty of space and time to stop my car but instead my car went faster despite slamming on both the brakes and E-brakes. My car is now totaled and am currently suffering injuries to my hand, neck and back.

- Ellicott City, MD, USA