CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2015 Nissan Altima shows multiple problem trends, continuing the poor reputation of the 2013 & 2014 Altima, prompting us to give it our "beware of this clunker" badge.

Owners are complaining about a whining noise from the power steering pump and a concerning amount of low-mileage problems related to the CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission).

7.9

2015 Nissan Altima seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Nissan Altima:

2015 Nissan Altima Owner Comments

Jun 282016

Altima

On or around 6/20/16 I received a NHTSA ans Nissan North America, Inc recall notice regarding the occupant classification system (OCS) in my vehicle. I scheduled an appointment for 6/28/16 with Nissan of union city, where I purchased my vehicle. My vehicle was serviced on the aforementioned date, and I was informed by Nissan of union city that the recall malfunction was corrected. However, that is not the truth. The OCS has apparently been turned off completely, thereby causing a safety risk to myself and my passengers. With this function turned off, the vehicle restraint system may not work. I need the system to be tested because I have not been assured of the safety of the system by Nissan of union city after the issue was allegedly corrected by them. Please investigate my complaint.

- Decatur, GA, USA

Feb 012015

Altima

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the driver side air bag warning light was illuminated. The warning chime to latch the seat belt did not sound. Both failures began when the air conditioning stopped working. The vehicle was taken to the dealer multiple times for the failure. The mechanic reset the air bag lights three times and repaired the air conditioner. The manufacturer was notified of the failures. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 22.

- Fort Worth, TX, USA

Mar 102014

Altima

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Altima. The contact notified the dealer that the seat belt warning light remained illuminated for an extended period of time. The dealer provided no solution other than clearing the code and recommended that the contact turn off and restart the vehicle to clear the code. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The failure continued for years. The contact later received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V244000 (air bags) and 16V029000 (latches/locks/linkages). The contact was unable to determine for months as to when the parts would become available. The manufacturer was not notified. The failure mileage was not available. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Decatur, IL, USA

Mar 192016

Altima

The contact owns a 2015 Nissan Altima. The contact stated that the passenger side air bag warning light illuminated. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the seat belt wiring harness needed to be replaced. The vehicle was not repaired. In addition, there was a fracture between the firewall and the interior of the vehicle, which allowed water to enter the vehicle when it rained. The carpet was replaced, but an abnormal odor was still present in the vehicle. The manufacturer was notified of the failures and stated that the VIN was not included in NHTSA campaign number: 16V244000 (air bags). The failure mileage was 15,000.

- Alba, TX, USA

Dec 132014

Altima

The passenger air bag sensor intermittently does not sense a passenger therefore the passenger air bag warning system stays off. My worry is, if in an accident will my wife of 54 years be saved by the air bag deploying or not. The vehicle was taken in to future Nissan of roseville, on 03/24/15, inspected, stated could not duplicate problem. We were told no recall or reports from other owners are known. The problem is still happening. We have heard of the same issue occurring with others. My wife and I are very concerned with our safety.

- Auburn, CA, USA