- July 1: Nissan Recalls Murano and Rogue Select SUVs
- May 31: Nissan Versa Lawsuit Alleges Coil Springs Break In Front Suspension
- May 30: Canada, Japan and Australia Impacted By Takata Airbags
- May 18: Nissan Master Cylinder Investigation Closed With No Action
- May 18: Feds Look Into Coil Springs That Break in the Nissan Versa
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 103,333 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 229 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (83 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (38 reports)
- not sure (31 reports)
- replace transmission (27 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (25 reports)
- buy new car (7 reports)