- April 20: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder For Leaking Transmission Fluid
- April 20: Bosch Power Xpress 240V Charger Under Investigation
- March 26: Nissan Recalls 1 Million Cars For Air Bag Failure
- February 24: Nissan Frontier Recalled Because of Fire Risk
- February 6: Congrats Chrysler! Most Recalls of 2013
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 10)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 101,096 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 191 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (76 reports)
- not sure (29 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (28 reports)
- replace transmission (22 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (17 reports)
- so far a new radiator and transmission flush (6 reports)