- August 14: Nissan Recalls 2016 Maxima To Fix Fuel Sending Units
- August 3: Nissan LEAF Battery Lawsuit Gives a Charge to Owners
- August 2: Nissan Recalls Cars With Bad Door Latches
- July 18: Nissan Versa Plastic Trim Focus of Wrongful Death Lawsuit
- July 18: Nissan Sued Over Airbag Occupant Classification System
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 104,153 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 233 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (84 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (38 reports)
- not sure (31 reports)
- replace transmission (27 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (25 reports)
- buy new car (9 reports)