- November 7: Nissan Recalls Vehicles For Exploding Air Bags and Acceleration Problems
- November 4: Infiniti Recalls Over 14,000 Hybrids and SUVs
- October 23: Mazda and Nissan Recall Vehicles With Exploding Air Bags
- October 9: Nissan Recalls Altima to Repair Hoods That Can Fly Open
- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 11)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,661 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 217 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (80 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (34 reports)
- not sure (31 reports)
- replace transmission (26 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (24 reports)
- buy new car (6 reports)