- January 22: Nissan Recalls 3 Models For Braking and Steering Problems
- January 20: Nissan Rogue Investigated For Airbags That Deploy Too Late
- January 17: Nissan Agrees to Repair Nissan Quest Gas Gauge Problems
- January 15: Nissan Pathfinder Transmission Lawsuit Gets in Gear
- January 1: Nissan Recalls Armada SUVs To Replace Transmissions
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 12)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,886 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 222 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (80 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (36 reports)
- not sure (31 reports)
- replace transmission (27 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (24 reports)
- buy new car (7 reports)