- March 27: Nissan EVAP Canister Warranty Extended news | 1 days ago
- March 25: Nissan Murano Recalled to Fix Power Steering Hoses recalls | 3 days ago
- March 20: Nissan Frontier Side Airbag Lawsuit Moves Forward news | 8 days ago
- March 11: Nissan Versa Recall: Airbags Deploy From Shutting Doors recalls | 17 days ago
- March 7: Nissan Altima and Maxima Steering Lock Problems to be Fixed news | 21 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 15)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,981 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 295 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (87 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (47 reports)
- not sure (39 reports)
- replace transmission (35 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (31 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)