- July 16: Nissan Timing Chain Noise Causes Lawsuit news | 4 days ago
- May 28: Hawaii Sues Ford, Nissan and Toyota Over Takata Airbags news | 53 days ago
- May 18: South Korea Looking to Prosecute More VW Executives news | 63 days ago
- May 9: Nissan Sunroof Shattered For No Reason, Says Lawsuit news | 72 days ago
- May 7: Nissan Recalls Versa and Versa Note Over Takata Airbags recalls | 74 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 15)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,138 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 300 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (89 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (48 reports)
- not sure (40 reports)
- replace transmission (35 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (31 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)