- February 13: Nissan Recalls Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4 SUVs recalls | 12 days ago
- February 12: Nissan Exploding Sunroof Lawsuit Filed in California news | 13 days ago
- February 3: Nissan Altima Recalled After Rear Doors Kept Opening recalls | 22 days ago
- January 22: Nissan and Infiniti Vehicles Recalled Over Takata Airbags recalls | 34 days ago
- January 17: Nissan GT-R Melted Dashboard Lawsuit Filed in Florida news | 39 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 15)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 106,073 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 292 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (87 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (47 reports)
- not sure (38 reports)
- replace transmission (34 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (30 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)