- November 26: Nissan Titan Diesel XD Trucks Recalled For Fuel Pressure Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- November 6: Infiniti Q50S Brake Pad Problems Lead to Lawsuit news | 31 days ago
- November 4: Study: Pickup Truck Headlights Leave Drivers in the Dark news | 33 days ago
- November 2: Investigation Closed Into Nissan Rogue Airbag Problems investigations | 35 days ago
- October 31: Nissan 370Z Clutch Problems Cause Class-Action Lawsuit news | 37 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 15)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,795 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 291 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (87 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (47 reports)
- not sure (38 reports)
- replace transmission (34 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (29 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)