- October 21: Nissan Recalls Versa to Fix Defective Side Curtain Airbags recalls | 3 days ago
- October 3: Nissan Versa Airbag Deployments Under Investigation investigations | 21 days ago
- September 9: Recalled: Nissan Cars and SUVs At Risk of Fires recalls | 45 days ago
- August 31: Mitsubishi Fuel Economy Scandal Grows Larger news | 54 days ago
- August 5: Infiniti M35 Hybrids Recalled To Keep the Engines Running recalls | 80 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 15)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,828 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 289 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (87 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (47 reports)
- not sure (37 reports)
- replace transmission (33 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (29 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)