- January 2: South Korea: BMW, Nissan and Porsche Falsified Documents news | 14 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Recalls Altima, Maxima and Rogue For Airbag Problems recalls | 19 days ago
- December 28: Nissan Sentra Master Cylinder Recalls May Not Have Worked investigations | 19 days ago
- December 26: Nissan Power Valve Screws Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 21 days ago
- December 18: Nissan Altima Melting Dashboard Lawsuit Nearly Settled news | 29 days ago
Radiator Leak Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 2 of 15)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 105,795 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 291 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (87 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (47 reports)
- not sure (38 reports)
- replace transmission (34 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (29 reports)
- replace radiator and transmission (28 reports)