- September 4: Nissan Recalls 181,000 March, Micra and Sunny Cars
- August 30: Nissan Recalls Frontier and NV For Seat Belt Problems
- July 26: Nissan Expands Takata Air Bag Recall By 226,000 Vehicles
- June 28: Plastic Trim Causes Investigation of 360,000 Nissan Versa Cars
- June 27: Nissan LEAF Recalled Because of Auto Shutdown
Radiator Causes Transmission Failure
2005 Nissan Xterra (Page 1 of 11)
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Nissan dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The 2005-2007 Xterra appears to have a widespread defect where coolant leaks into the transmission, causing transmission failure around 90,000 miles. Repair costs are typically upwards of $3,500.
The same defect exists in the Pathfinder & Frontier as well. And according to the New York Times & a class action lawsuit, the defect actually extends through 2010 model year. More info here.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 102,128 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 207 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- new radiator and transmission rebuild (77 reports)
- replaced radiator and transmission (33 reports)
- not sure (30 reports)
- new radiator, transmission, and flush fluids (24 reports)
- replace transmission (24 reports)
- so far a new radiator and transmission flush (6 reports)