- July 11: Acura RDX Infotainment Lawsuit Alleges Systems Fail news | 9 days ago
- July 4: Acura ILX Recall Issued to Replace Driveshafts recalls | 16 days ago
- June 28: Takata Airbags Cause Recall of 1.6 Million Acura/Honda Vehicles recalls | 22 days ago
- May 29: Acura and Honda Vehicles Recalled Again Over Takata Airbags recalls | 52 days ago
- April 28: Honda and Toyota Lawsuit Filed Over ZF-TRW Airbag Control Units news | 83 days ago
Transmission Failed Very Prematurely
This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Acura dealer.
CarComplaints.com Notes: The automatic transmission on the 2nd generation CL (2001-2003) is a downshifting mess. According to reports it slips, flares, and eventually fails --- sometimes around 40,000 miles.
The troubled transmission got an extended warranty for some CL owners that was later extended even further thanks to a class-action lawsuit in the United States. But even with the extended warranty, the transmission in this car is well known for overheating and locking up suddenly and without warning.
- Typical Repair Cost:
- Average Mileage:
- 123,800 miles
- Total Complaints:
- 8 complaints
Most Common Solutions:
- rebuilt transmission (2 reports)
- dealer recommended to sell the car (1 reports)
- dealer replaced transmission (1 reports)
- i paid $1,000 and my warranty company paid to rebuild it (1 reports)
- newly built Jasper transmission (1 reports)
- not sure (1 reports)