- June 19: Audi CEO Rupert Stadler Arrested In Germany news | 2 days ago
- June 18: Audi Recalls S6, S7, A6, A7 and RS 7 For Airbag Failures recalls | 3 days ago
- June 4: Audi Recalls 2018 S5 Cabriolets For Airbag Issues recalls | 17 days ago
- May 17: VW Timing Chain Class-Action Lawsuit May Be Settled news | 35 days ago
- May 1: Volkswagen and Audi Vehicles Remotely Hacked news | 51 days ago
Audi Recall 69R2: Head Curtain Air Bag Improper Deployment/FMVSS 226
2017 Audi A7
If the head curtain airbag does not deploy properly in the event of a crash, an unbelted passenger has an increased risk of injury.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Audi A7 vehicles. The affected vehicles have head curtain air bags that may not deploy properly in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 226, "Ejection Mitigation."
- Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected head curtain air bags, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin June 29, 2017. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for the recall is 69R2.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: June 23, 2017 Subject: Repair Available for Compliance Recall 69R2 – Head Curtain Airbag(s) – USA ONLY Certain 2015-2017 MY Audi A7
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Head Curtain Airbag(s) Date June 26, 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - Audi Customer Letter Launch PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)- Audi Customer Letter Launch USA
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 226
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Date October 11, 2017 Revision Summary Special tools and work instructions updated.
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.