- July 24: Volkswagen 3-Liter Diesel Fix Approved by Government news | 22 days ago
- July 22: Audi S8 and A8 Recalled to Fix Fuel Leaks recalls | 24 days ago
- July 18: Inspector General Finds NHTSA Flunked Takata Recall Test news | 28 days ago
- July 10: EPA Audit Shows Too Much Trust in Promises of Automakers news | 36 days ago
- June 30: 2018 VW and Audi Drivers: Park Your Vehicles recalls | 46 days ago
Audi Recall 69R2: Head Curtain Air Bag Improper Deployment/FMVSS 226
2017 Audi A7
If the head curtain airbag does not deploy properly in the event of a crash, an unbelted passenger has an increased risk of injury.
Air Bags — Side/Window
- Volkswagen Group of America, Inc. (Volkswagen) is recalling certain 2015-2017 Audi A7 vehicles. The affected vehicles have head curtain air bags that may not deploy properly in the event of a crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 226, "Ejection Mitigation."
- Audi will notify owners, and dealers will replace the affected head curtain air bags, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin June 29, 2017. Owners may contact Audi customer service at 1-800-253-2834. Volkswagen's number for the recall is 69R2.
- Documents (12)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Audi Date: June 23, 2017 Subject: Repair Available for Compliance Recall 69R2 – Head Curtain Airbag(s) – USA ONLY Certain 2015-2017 MY Audi A7
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Subject Head Curtain Airbag(s) Date June 26, 2017
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577) - Audi Customer Letter Launch PRI
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)- Audi Customer Letter Launch USA
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Recall 573 Report-Amendment 1
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 226
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - Date October 11, 2017 Revision Summary Special tools and work instructions updated.
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.