2014 Audi Q5 engine problems: excessive oil consumption

Excessive Oil Consumption

2014 Audi Q5

This problem may be covered under warranty. Ask your Audi dealer.

7.2

2014 Audi Q5 engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Audi Q5:

2014 Audi Q5 Owner Comments

Jul 012019

Q5 Premium Plus 2.2t

Had hoped to keep this car for many years, but oil consumption has now reached a quart every 500 miles or so. Very disappointing for a luxury vehicle and German engineering. Have an Acura MDX with 230,000 miles that has yet to require any added oil.

- Steve G., Edmond, US

Feb 012017

Q5 Premium 2.0L

Almost every 2000 miles, I have to top off the engine oil. The light for low engine lights up that often. I had it checked for leaks by two different places ( one was dealer) and nothing found. Dealer says this is normal. No one I know with other vehicles or any of my previous vehicles have exhibited such excessive oil consumption. Recommended 5W-40 is rare too. Not even the dealer uses it. So they use 5W-30 which can be substituted. However, it makes no difference to the consumption. I wonder at what point I would call my engine oil changed when I go to change it, as it always brand new oil in there.

- anitam7890, Bedminster, US

Apr 052018

Q5 Quattro 3.2L

I BOUGHT THE VEHICLE AS AN AUDI CERTIFIED MACHINE WITH 21,000 MILES

- sestito, Rome, US

Oct 172015

Q5

I have not had a car use oil since a high mileage 1969 Chevy Impala.I apparently now have one in my Q5!. I was told because I am using synthetic oil, I can go 10000 miles between oil change service. So after the last change, I was getting it every 5000, warning light popped on after about 7500 saying add oil! Tried to get the right oil at several gas stations, and they did not carry the recommended synthetic oil. Did not want to chance voiding a warranty, so took it in for oil change Service told me that the vehicle should use a quart of oil approximately every 7500 miles. I see other model years apparently have had the same problem.

Not happy....

- legendx5, Ankeny, US

Nov 152015

Q5 2.0L

After change oil at 5000 miles in march a week ago the sensor light came on add oil after 2280 miles from the oil change

- Jheny R., Woodhaven, NY, US