2016 Audi S6 transmission problems

transmission problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 Audi S6:

2016 Audi S6 Owner Comments

Oct 252017

S6 Prestige 4.0L V8

The notorious Audi DSG transmission issue plagues my car. Audi claims there were issues on the 2013 - 2015 models and that the newer model years have been fixed. However all the symptoms from the previous model years I have experienced with my 2016 S6 in my short time of ownership. The transmission has sudden shakes, judder, jerking, and hesitations when driving at lower speeds.Whether driving from a stop or coming to a stop the car jolts forward from delayed, and often rough up or downshifts. This is highly noticeable between 1st through 3rd gear. The car lunges forward when coming to a stop which almost feels like the car got rear ended. When reversing the car also has a jumpy feeling. The gears do not slip but often experience where it feels as if the clutch is not engaging or engages very rough with delays. This worries me when I am attempting to park, merge lanes on the highway, going up and down hills, or just in general with shifting gears at low speeds. I do not feel safe in the car when driving on the highway in traffic and makes parallel parking the car difficult sometimes. Especially in tighter parking spots. Now just recently I am starting to hear a loud whining noise from the transmission in 1st and 2nd gear below 1300 RPM. The car is currently at the dealership service department now and has been confirmed a transmission issue is at play and may need to replace the whole system. I am hoping warranty will cover this because this is unacceptable for a brand new $85K sticker priced car!!!

Update from Oct 25, 2017:

I am upset with the fact that this complaint is only known for MY 2013 - 2015 cars. The newer 2016 cars have only 1 other complaint on the transmission which is very similar to my experience. However Audi does not have a TSB out for this. If this does not get corrected by warranty this will be my last Audi for sure.

- David H., Woodside, US