ANNOUNCEMENT: The Car Book 2018 is now online!

2006 BMW 325 seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2006 BMW 325:

2006 BMW 325 Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Nov 182018

325

BMW 325ci 2006 front left adaptive headlight wiring deteriorates over time. This cause the wiring to crack and fail. The front left headlight failed while driving, creating a dangerous situation for the driver and others on the road. When the wiring fails the driver cannot display turn signals, use high beams or any headlight functions. BMW does not provide a solution or help to fix the issue. The vehicle was in motion at night when the headlight failed. The part is the front headlight igniter wiring harness. The failure happened inside a sealed compartment and is not exposed to any outside elements. This is a common issue, a google search will bring up multiple other cases of failure in other cars with pictures. BMW 335ci 2006 rear tail lights short out frequently while driving and do not display turn signals. A fault is shown on the dashboard. This happened at night while the vehicle was in motion and does not go away. The warning light is only displayed after the turn signal is turned on. BMW 325ci a front airbag warning light was displayed while driving and does not shut off. This happened when the vehicle was in motion and does not shut off. Bmw325ci a front seatbelt warning light is displayed on the dash periodically and does not shut off. The warning suggests there is a failure with the seatbelt. This happened when the vehicle was in motion.

- Stony Brook, NY, USA

May 092018

325

I am frightened to death that the aforementioned recall of almost the entire SRS controls was not properly fixed. Duplicated warnings for both have been a daily problem and an exact replica of the symptoms prior. No accident to report, yet a completely valid potential cause for bodily harm! my other car is 16 years old and just was in for a new and active recall as the bags were deploying shrapnel and plastic....and she's 16 years old! I appreciate your help and consideration! looking forward to a prompt response! I'll be driving it to my nephew's wedding at fort campbell army base.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Jan 092017

325

Air bag lights on without crash also seat belt light on.

- Boca Raton, FL, USA

Nov 162016

325

Passenger restraint system fault. Received warning message when passenger sits in front seat. Light stays on most of time.

- Browns Summit, NC, USA

Aug 032017

325

Getting a hard warning for "passenger restraint system malfunction". apparently this has something to do with a sensor in the passenger seat going bad. This can cause injury or fatality as the passenger airbag will not deploy correctly. There has been a recall for this but my VIN was not included.

- Dallas, TX, USA

Sep 152016

325

Getting error on dash that passenger restraint system malfunction.

- Victorville, CA, USA

Dec 152016

325 6-cyl

I have received a sensor light stating that I have a passenger restraint malfunction. Then it goes away after a few days until someone else sits down which would lead me to believe that it has to do with the pressure sensor mat on the passenger side. I have read that this happens to be a recall for BMW but my VIN apparently is not covered in the recall. I am extending this complaint in the hopes that BMW will investigate and extend the recall to more models with this issue.

- Shirley, MA, USA

Apr 012016

325

Passenger restraint system malfunction. There's a recall for the same make and model of my car but for some reason "my VIN" doesn't fall into the recall.

- Sparta, MI, USA

Jun 182008

325

Faulty front passenger seat sensor mat always breaks

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

May 142016

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. After the vehicle was started, the restraint system malfunction warning light illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed nor repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 102,000.

- Cary, NC, USA

Mar 192016

325

Foot well module and junction box electrical short. Some lights stay on even if the car is off some signals dont work, one low beam headlight does not work, rear windows work sometimes and driver side rear windo does not work a all, ect

- Deltona, FL, USA

Apr 202016

325

Passenger restraint system malfunction. My VIN was not included in the recall but error is showing. According to tbe NHTSA data base under vehicle description (make model and year) theres an open recall for my model.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

Nov 042015

325

Pass. Restraint system fault message. Few days went by with this fault message coming on and off. Now its currently staying on. After searching on the web, I've found many other BMW owners with the same issue, but only a few models are covered under recall (08V384000). After search my (VIN) show no current recalls. Recall (08V384000) states 2006 year 3-series. How can this only be limited to some 2006, but not others with the same problems? vehicle has around 86K miles. Thanks

- Denham Springs, LA, USA

Apr 092016

325

Was driving home and the seat beat and airbag light came on out of nowhere was driving normal

- Humble, TX, USA

Dec 212015

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. The contact stated that while seated in the drivers seat with the seat belt latched, the seat belt warning indicator illuminated while there was no other occupants in the vehicle. The contact also stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The failure recurred multiple times. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The contact was made aware of NHTSA campaign number: 13V564000 (air bags) however, the VIN was not included. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 176,000.

- Dallas, GA, USA

Nov 232015

325

The passenger seatbelt/airbag warning light was on and off from time to time after around four years of my purchase in 2005. The problem might have existed earlier; however, as my vehicle usually did not carry any passengers, I did not notice the problem within the warranty period. Recently, the light would not even go away. My mechanic informed me about the recall number 13V564000, stating the "owners of model year 2006-2007 3 series with standard seat... will receive an extended warranty on their front passenger seat occupant detection mat." I have contact BMW, but they said the recall and the extended warranty would not be applicable to my vehicle.

- San Francisco, CA, USA

Oct 222015

325

The contact owns a 2006 BMW 325I. While operating the vehicle, the air bag and seat belt sensors remained illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who diagnosed that the passenger side occupant sensor was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 161,000.

- Sacremento, CA, USA

Aug 032015

325

My 2006 BMW 325I has dashboard warning lights that continue to come up after much time & effort has been spent to get them fixed. The airbag warning light, the seat belt warning light, & the flat tire monitor warning light have caused much stress & frustration due to the issues not being addressed after multiple attempts with the dealership as well as other independent companies. I am worried that if an accident does occur that my safety will be in great danger & this is something that every car owner understands. I am at a loss at this point & do not want to continue to spend countless dollars when the ends do not justify the mean.

- Richmond, VA, USA

Sep 032015

325

I recently purchased a used 2006 BMW 325I with the intentions of letting my daughter drive it, due to the high safety ratings of these automobiles. I called the dealership about some issues with the transmission, and some warning lights on the dash indicating a problem with the seatbelts and airbags. When I inquired about the warning lights, the service writer of the dealership in meridian ms told me that it sounds like the seat mat was faulty. Later I googled info about the seat mat, and I came across a link that shows my should have been recalled due to this issue. I called the dealership back and was told there was no recall for this car. I called nhtsc and left a message about my inquiry, and I was called back promptly by Mr. Nate hayes. After I explained the situation to Mr. Hayes, he did some checking and found that although some 2006 325I's weren't recalled (the ones with manual seats) mine however should've been recalled due to having the electrically adjusted sports seats. Mr. Hayes instructed me to call the dealership to see if maybe this work had already been done on my vehicle. Upon calling the dealership back, I was told that it hadn't been done, because my vehicle wasn't in the recall. After questioning him more about it, he told me that he was able to find that BMW has extended the warranty on my car to 15 years with no mileage limitations, if that is what was wrong with my car, but if not, I would be charged for the repair. What concerns me about this, is the fact that BMW was mandated by the nhtsc to recall a certain list of automobiles to prevent injury, rather than wait to see if problems occur later that could result in injury and/or death. I don't know if others that should have been recalled were put off by BMW or not, but this could have some deadly consequences.

- Heidelberg, MS, USA

Jun 182014

325 6-cyl

The air bag and seatbelt sensor on the passenger side is on while driving the vehicle. The indicator lights are always on.

- Chicago, IL, USA