- December 27: BMW Water Pump Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 29 days ago
- December 12: BMW Timing Chain Lawsuit Settlement Reached news | 44 days ago
- November 30: BMW Z4 and Toyota Supra Recall: Fuel Leaks recalls | 56 days ago
- November 21: BMW Recalls M2 and M4 Coupes Over Fuel Systems recalls | 65 days ago
- November 20: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Rearview Camera Problems recalls | 66 days ago
BMW Defect Investigation DP09002: REAR LAMP ILLUMINATION
2005 BMW 330
REAR LAMP ILLUMINATION
Exterior Lighting:Back Up Lights
Exterior Lighting:Brake Lights
Exterior Lighting:Tail Lights
Exterior Lighting:Turn Signal
- In March 2009, the Office Of Defects Investigation (ODI) received a petition from Mr. Mark peters requesting an investigation of rear lamp failure in model year 2002-2005 BMW 3-series vehicles.an information request letter was sent to BMW in April 2009, and ODI received BMW's response in June 2009.the tail lamp assembly contains lighting for the brake lamps, tail lamps, and turn signals.a technical service bulletin (tsb) was issued by BMW in January of 2007 instructing service technicians to examine an 8 pin electrical connector for heat-related damage and to incorporate additional ground wiring to the connector.complainants have alleged that significant thermal damage to the connector and associated ground wiring has occurred.this condition can result in intermittent or total loss of all lighting (brake, tail, and turn signal) for the effected rear lamp assembly.ODI will open a preliminary evaluation to further examine this issue including further evaluating BMW complaints and related warranty data.
- Documents (4)
Click a tab for more information.