- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 6 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 13 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 25 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 29 days ago
BMW Recall : Bent Left Rear Seat Inboard Anchor/FMVSS 225
2016 BMW 528
If the child seat is not properly attached to the lower anchors, it can increase the child's risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 528i, 528i xDrive, 535i, 535i xDrive, 535d xDrive, M5, 550i, 550i xDrive, and 535d sedans. The affected vehicles have an inboard lower anchor for child restraints on the left rear seat that may have been bent downwards, preventing the child seat from fully engaging both lower anchors. As such, these vehicles may fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, repair the inboard lower anchor on the left rear seat, free of charge. The recall began on December 28, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (18)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 225
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- SAFETY RECALL NOTICE RE: B52 09 15 Recall 15V-XXX – ISOFIX Bracket
- Q&A 15V-xxx Non-Compliance Recall Model Year 2016 BMW 5 Series Sedan FMVSS 225 - Left Rear Seat – Child Seat Anchor
- Update: ISOFIX Bracket Delivery Stop is now a Recall October 29, 2015
- Updated Delivery Stop: ISOFIX Bracket October 27, 2015
- Service Information October 2015 Seats B52 09 15 Technical Service
- Stop Sale Reminder
- Delivery Stop – ISOFIX Bracket
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Delivery Stop: ISOFIX Bracket October 26, 2015
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SI B52 09 15 Seats October 2015 Technical Service
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report# 5 - 2016-Q4
Click a tab for more information.