- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 2 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 5 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 24 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 27 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 30 days ago
BMW Recall : Bent Left Rear Seat Inboard Anchor/FMVSS 225
2016 BMW 528
If the child seat is not properly attached to the lower anchors, it can increase the child's risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Seats — Mid/Rear Assembly
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 528i, 528i xDrive, 535i, 535i xDrive, 535d xDrive, M5, 550i, 550i xDrive, and 535d sedans. The affected vehicles have an inboard lower anchor for child restraints on the left rear seat that may have been bent downwards, preventing the child seat from fully engaging both lower anchors. As such, these vehicles may fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 225, "Child Restraint Anchorage Systems."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect and, if necessary, repair the inboard lower anchor on the left rear seat, free of charge. The recall began on December 28, 2015. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (18)
- Non-Compliance Notice 573 Report/FMVSS 225
- Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Recall Acknowledgement
- SAFETY RECALL NOTICE RE: B52 09 15 Recall 15V-XXX – ISOFIX Bracket
- Q&A 15V-xxx Non-Compliance Recall Model Year 2016 BMW 5 Series Sedan FMVSS 225 - Left Rear Seat – Child Seat Anchor
- Update: ISOFIX Bracket Delivery Stop is now a Recall October 29, 2015
- Updated Delivery Stop: ISOFIX Bracket October 27, 2015
- Service Information October 2015 Seats B52 09 15 Technical Service
- Stop Sale Reminder
- Delivery Stop – ISOFIX Bracket
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2015-Q4
- Delivery Stop: ISOFIX Bracket October 26, 2015
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SI B52 09 15 Seats October 2015 Technical Service
- Recall Quarterly Report #4, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report# 5 - 2016-Q4
Click a tab for more information.