- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 5 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 7 days ago
- September 3: BMW To Pay Germany Millions For Using Wrong Software news | 22 days ago
- August 22: BMW Emissions Lawsuit Is Without Facts, Says BMW news | 34 days ago
- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 41 days ago
BMW Recall : Driveshaft Slip-Joint May Not Have Been Greased
2016 BMW M4
If the slip-joint fails, there would be a loss of power to the rear axle and therefore the vehicle would stop moving, increasing the risk of a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Driveshaft
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2015-2016 M3 Sedan vehicles manufactured May 30, 2015, to September 2, 2015, 2016 M4 Coupe vehicles manufactured July 3, 2015, to September 11, 2015, and 2015-2016 M4 Convertible vehicles manufactured May 29, 2015, to August 4, 2015. The affected vehicles have a driveshaft with a slip-joint that may not have been filled with grease. As a result, the slip-joint may fail over time.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the driveshaft, replacing it as necessary, free of charge. The recall began on January 14, 2016. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (18)
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Updated Delivery Stop/Recall Checking Driveshaft Universal Joint Date: Thursday, November 19, 2015 6:01:48 PM
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Service Information Drive Shaft B26 01 15 November 2015 Technical Service
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Subject: Delivery Stop Checking Driveshaft Universal Joint Date: Friday, November 13, 2015 7:17:40 PM
- SAFETY RECALL NOTICE To: All Center Operators, Sales Managers, Service Manager, Parts Manager and Warranty Processor RE: Recall Campaign 15V-xxx: Checking Driveshaft Universal Joint B26 01 15
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Service Information November 2015 Drive Shaft B26 01 15 Technical Service
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB - SI B26 01 15 Driveshaft December 2015 Technical Service
- SAFETY RECALL NOTICE
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2016-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - 2016-Q1
- Stop Sale Reminder
- Recall Quarterly Report #3, 2016-3
- Recall Quarterly Report #5, 2017-1
- Recall Quarterly Report #6, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report# 4 - 2016-Q4
Click a tab for more information.