- August 2: BMW Recalls X5 and X7 Vehicles With Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 22 days ago
- July 28: BMW Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed Too Late news | 27 days ago
- July 5: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 50 days ago
- June 16: BMW Recalls X7s For Head Airbag Problems recalls | 69 days ago
BMW Recall : Fuel Gauge May Read Higher Than Actual Level
2018 BMW M5
An incorrect fuel reading may lead to the vehicle stalling and increase the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 BMW M5 vehicles. The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may become stuck against an in-tank fuel line, causing the fuel gauge to display an inaccurate and possibly larger amount of fuel than is actually available.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will secure the in-tank fuel line to keep the fuel line from contacting the fuel level sensor, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.