- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 9 days ago
- January 4: BMW Recalls 330i and 330i xDrive For Seat Belt Pretensioner Problems recalls | 16 days ago
- December 22: BMW N63 Engine Problems Cause Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 29 days ago
- December 21: BMW Recalls M-Series Vehicles That Unexpectedly Shift Into NEUTRAL recalls | 30 days ago
- December 17: South Korea Finds 6 BMW Fires Were Unrelated to EGR Systems investigations | 34 days ago
BMW Recall : Fuel Gauge May Read Higher Than Actual Level
2018 BMW M5
An incorrect fuel reading may lead to the vehicle stalling and increase the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 BMW M5 vehicles. The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may become stuck against an in-tank fuel line, causing the fuel gauge to display an inaccurate and possibly larger amount of fuel than is actually available.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will secure the in-tank fuel line to keep the fuel line from contacting the fuel level sensor, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.