- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 1 days ago
- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 17 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 39 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 63 days ago
BMW Recall : Fuel Gauge May Read Higher Than Actual Level
2018 BMW M5
An incorrect fuel reading may lead to the vehicle stalling and increase the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Storage — Tank Assembly
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2018 BMW M5 vehicles. The fuel level sensor in the fuel tank may become stuck against an in-tank fuel line, causing the fuel gauge to display an inaccurate and possibly larger amount of fuel than is actually available.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will secure the in-tank fuel line to keep the fuel line from contacting the fuel level sensor, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin September 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.