2016 BMW X3 brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2016 BMW X3:

2016 BMW X3 Owner Comments

Oct 132016

X3

when stopping several times, the brakes seem to slip

There have been several in incidents where the brakes seem to slip when stopping. I believe the first time was during the summer of 2016. I was probably near 2800-3000 miles when I first noticed it. Luckily, I began stopping in time. I had to press on the brake a couple of times and fortunately it did stop. I wasn't sure if it was just me or something I had done wrong. This is a new BMW X3 purchased in November of 2015. It only had 10 miles on it when I drove it off the lot. I unfortunately did not mention this issue when I took it to its first service because I was hoping they would mention it after a thorough check. They did not. About a month or so after its first service, it happened again. Since the first time, I am very aware of stopping in time. This is very frightening. It doesn't happen every time I stop. I have been thinking that I need to have it checked, but not sure if the dealership would be honest.

- Tee S., Washington, DC, US