- September 15: Level 2 Advanced Driver Assistance Systems Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- August 10: BMW Engine Lawsuit Settlement Receives Preliminary Approval news | 39 days ago
- August 5: BMW Recalls Vehicles That May Lose Brake Assist recalls | 44 days ago
- August 5: BMW Squeaky Brakes Cause Class Action Lawsuit news | 44 days ago
- August 4: BMW Fuel Pump Recall Over High-Pressure Bosch Pumps recalls | 45 days ago
BMW TSB #B661919
2018 BMW X3
Affected Component: EQUIPMENT:ELECTRICAL
- COMFORT ACCESS AND COMFORT GO NOT POSSIBLE: This Service Information Bulletin (Revision 1) replaces SI B66 19 19 dated May 2019. Vehicle cannot be unlocked/locked or started via Comfort Access. Remote control functionality is restored by pressing any of the key buttons or by removing and reinstalling the remote control key battery. The Display Key Digital Key and the Digital Key Card are not affected. Electrostatic discharge puts the remote control key into a deep sleep. Various situations can lead to an electrostatic charge which is often not recognized by the customer. For example walking over carpet wearing shoes that have a hard rubber sole positive and negative charges are exchanged. The sole accumulates a negative charge and an electrostatic charge develops before touching the remote control key.
Click a tab for more information.