- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 5 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 7 days ago
- September 3: BMW To Pay Germany Millions For Using Wrong Software news | 22 days ago
- August 22: BMW Emissions Lawsuit Is Without Facts, Says BMW news | 34 days ago
- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 41 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Brake Pedal Arm Pivot Shaft
2000 BMW X5
Eventually, the brake pedal arm could detach from the bracket, rendering the service braking system ineffective, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- On certain passenger vehicles, due to a manufacturing problem, the brake pedal arm pivot shaft could loosen from its support bracket.
- Dealers will check the brake pedal arm pivot shaft for proper seating in its support bracket. In addition, a pin will be installed to secure the shaft to the bracket. Owner notification began August 14, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-332-4269.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.