- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 3 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 20 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 46 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 53 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 53 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Brake Pedal Arm Pivot Shaft
2000 BMW X5
Eventually, the brake pedal arm could detach from the bracket, rendering the service braking system ineffective, increasing the risk of a crash.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Pedals And Linkages
- On certain passenger vehicles, due to a manufacturing problem, the brake pedal arm pivot shaft could loosen from its support bracket.
- Dealers will check the brake pedal arm pivot shaft for proper seating in its support bracket. In addition, a pin will be installed to secure the shaft to the bracket. Owner notification began August 14, 2002. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-332-4269.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.