- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 36 days ago
- January 4: BMW Recalls 330i and 330i xDrive For Seat Belt Pretensioner Problems recalls | 43 days ago
- December 22: BMW N63 Engine Problems Cause Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 56 days ago
- December 21: BMW Recalls M-Series Vehicles That Unexpectedly Shift Into NEUTRAL recalls | 57 days ago
- December 17: South Korea Finds 6 BMW Fires Were Unrelated to EGR Systems investigations | 61 days ago
2000 BMW X5
6 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2000 BMW X5
Official recalls have been issued for the 2000 BMW X5 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
An inflator explosion may result in sharp metal fragments striking the driver or other occupants resulting in serious injury or death. Read more »
This could initially cause some brake fluid leakage, and eventually lead to a substantial loss of brake fluid. There could be a noticeable reduction in ... Read more »
Eventually, the brake pedal arm could detach from the bracket, rendering the service braking system ineffective, increasing the risk of a crash. Read more »
Continued chaffing can cause the anticorrosion coating of this brake line to fail, allowing the brake line to rust through and leading to loss of brake ... Read more »
If this problem occurs, the ability to maintain speed in traffic and/or accelerate could be greatly diminished, possibly leading to a crash. Read more »
Operation of the vehicle, especially in rough road conditions, can cause the clearance between the collar and the steering rack to increase to the point ... Read more »