- June 27: BMW Recalls 51 Vehicles With the Wrong Steering Wheels recalls | 20 days ago
- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 35 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 37 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 41 days ago
- May 20: Woman Says BMW Soft-Close Door Smashed Her Thumb news | 58 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw /Front Brake Hose
2000 BMW X5
This could initially cause some brake fluid leakage, and eventually lead to a substantial loss of brake fluid. There could be a noticeable reduction in brake performance if a loss of front brake performance occurs.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- On certain sport utility vehicles, it may be possible for the front brake line to slip out of the retaining bracket located at the front strut. The brake hose that is attached to the brake line could come in contact with the tire and be subjected to wear and abrasion.
- Dealers will install an additional retaining clip to further secure the brake line to the front strut. Additionally, if inspection of any brake hose indicates that it has experienced damage, the hose will be replaced. Owner notification began February 14, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.