- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 8 days ago
- December 29: BMW Fires Earn Automaker $10 Million Fine news | 17 days ago
- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 34 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 51 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 77 days ago
BMW Recall 00VX5SC01: Bmw/Steering Shaft Coupling
2000 BMW X5
Operation of the vehicle, especially in rough road conditions, can cause the clearance between the collar and the steering rack to increase to the point where the input shaft can separate from the rack, resulting in a loss of steering capability.
Steering — Wheel And Handle Bar
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The lower steering shaft coupling includes a plastic collar which fits over the lower steering rack input shaft. This collar is pushed down onto the steering rack and tightened during assembly. On some of the affected vehicles, the collar may not have been pushed down fully onto the rack at the assembly plant.
- Dealers will inspect the steering rack input shaft collar for proper positioning, and reposition is necessary.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.