- July 19: BMW M3 Rod and Main Bearings Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 4 days ago
- June 27: BMW Recalls 51 Vehicles With the Wrong Steering Wheels recalls | 26 days ago
- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 41 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 43 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 47 days ago
BMW Recall 00VX5SC01: Bmw/Steering Shaft Coupling
2000 BMW X5
Operation of the vehicle, especially in rough road conditions, can cause the clearance between the collar and the steering rack to increase to the point where the input shaft can separate from the rack, resulting in a loss of steering capability.
Steering — Wheel And Handle Bar
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The lower steering shaft coupling includes a plastic collar which fits over the lower steering rack input shaft. This collar is pushed down onto the steering rack and tightened during assembly. On some of the affected vehicles, the collar may not have been pushed down fully onto the rack at the assembly plant.
- Dealers will inspect the steering rack input shaft collar for proper positioning, and reposition is necessary.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.