- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 5 days ago
- October 13: BMW Excessive Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 7 days ago
- October 3: BMW Recalls X6 Vehicles For Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 17 days ago
- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 30 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 32 days ago
BMW Recall 00VX5SC01: Bmw/Steering Shaft Coupling
2000 BMW X5
Operation of the vehicle, especially in rough road conditions, can cause the clearance between the collar and the steering rack to increase to the point where the input shaft can separate from the rack, resulting in a loss of steering capability.
Steering — Wheel And Handle Bar
- Vehicle description: Sport utility vehicles. The lower steering shaft coupling includes a plastic collar which fits over the lower steering rack input shaft. This collar is pushed down onto the steering rack and tightened during assembly. On some of the affected vehicles, the collar may not have been pushed down fully onto the rack at the assembly plant.
- Dealers will inspect the steering rack input shaft collar for proper positioning, and reposition is necessary.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.