- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 16 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 42 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 49 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 49 days ago
- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 50 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw /Front Brake Hose
2002 BMW X5
This could initially cause some brake fluid leakage, and eventually lead to a substantial loss of brake fluid. There could be a noticeable reduction in brake performance if a loss of front brake performance occurs.
Service Brakes, Hydraulic — Foundation Components — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- On certain sport utility vehicles, it may be possible for the front brake line to slip out of the retaining bracket located at the front strut. The brake hose that is attached to the brake line could come in contact with the tire and be subjected to wear and abrasion.
- Dealers will install an additional retaining clip to further secure the brake line to the front strut. Additionally, if inspection of any brake hose indicates that it has experienced damage, the hose will be replaced. Owner notification began February 14, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.