- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 3 days ago
- January 7: BMW Fire Class-Action Lawsuit Filed After Recalls news | 15 days ago
- December 29: BMW Fires Earn Automaker $10 Million Fine news | 24 days ago
- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 41 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 58 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Front Drivetrain Fasteners
2004 BMW X5
With prolonged driving, these bolts could become loose, cause damage to the engine and transmission housings. The right output shaft could become disconnected, affecting the ability to control the vehicle, which could result in a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Differential Unit
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the bolts that hold the front differential, the right output shaft housing flange at the engine, and the right-hand engine support may be insufficiently tightened.
- Dealers will inspect and retighten the drivetrain fasteners. Owner notification began November 28, 2003. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.