- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 5 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 8 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 27 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 30 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 33 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Front Drivetrain Fasteners
2004 BMW X5
With prolonged driving, these bolts could become loose, cause damage to the engine and transmission housings. The right output shaft could become disconnected, affecting the ability to control the vehicle, which could result in a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Differential Unit
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the bolts that hold the front differential, the right output shaft housing flange at the engine, and the right-hand engine support may be insufficiently tightened.
- Dealers will inspect and retighten the drivetrain fasteners. Owner notification began November 28, 2003. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.