- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 0 days ago
- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- October 13: BMW Excessive Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 9 days ago
- October 3: BMW Recalls X6 Vehicles For Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 19 days ago
- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 32 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Front Drivetrain Fasteners
2004 BMW X5
With prolonged driving, these bolts could become loose, cause damage to the engine and transmission housings. The right output shaft could become disconnected, affecting the ability to control the vehicle, which could result in a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Differential Unit
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the bolts that hold the front differential, the right output shaft housing flange at the engine, and the right-hand engine support may be insufficiently tightened.
- Dealers will inspect and retighten the drivetrain fasteners. Owner notification began November 28, 2003. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.