- July 19: BMW M3 Rod and Main Bearings Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 2 days ago
- June 27: BMW Recalls 51 Vehicles With the Wrong Steering Wheels recalls | 24 days ago
- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 39 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 41 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 45 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Front Drivetrain Fasteners
2004 BMW X5
With prolonged driving, these bolts could become loose, cause damage to the engine and transmission housings. The right output shaft could become disconnected, affecting the ability to control the vehicle, which could result in a crash.
Power Train — Driveline — Differential Unit
- On certain sport utility vehicles, the bolts that hold the front differential, the right output shaft housing flange at the engine, and the right-hand engine support may be insufficiently tightened.
- Dealers will inspect and retighten the drivetrain fasteners. Owner notification began November 28, 2003. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (10)
Click a tab for more information.