- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 0 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 17 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 43 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 50 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 50 days ago
BMW Recall : Child Safety Locks May Disengage
2014 BMW X5
A disengaged child safety lock would allow the rear seat occupant to pull the door handle twice and open the door while the vehicle is parked or in motion, increasing the risk of injury.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 X5 SAV vehicles manufactured December 12, 2013, through March 10, 2014, and equipped with the Soft Close Automatic (SCA) option. The rear side door lock mechanisms may not have been manufactured to correct tolerances and when the inside door handle is pulled, the previously engaged child safety lock can disengage.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear side door locks and any affected door locks will be replaced, free of charge. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.