- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 6 days ago
- October 10: Recall: BMW Tells Owners To Park Their X3 and X4 Vehicles recalls | 10 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 10 days ago
- September 15: MINI Coopers Recalled To Install Missing Crash Pads recalls | 35 days ago
- September 10: BMW Recalls 745e xDrives To Update Software recalls | 40 days ago
BMW Recall : Child Safety Locks May Disengage
2014 BMW X5
A disengaged child safety lock would allow the rear seat occupant to pull the door handle twice and open the door while the vehicle is parked or in motion, increasing the risk of injury.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 X5 SAV vehicles manufactured December 12, 2013, through March 10, 2014, and equipped with the Soft Close Automatic (SCA) option. The rear side door lock mechanisms may not have been manufactured to correct tolerances and when the inside door handle is pulled, the previously engaged child safety lock can disengage.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear side door locks and any affected door locks will be replaced, free of charge. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.