- October 15: BMW TurboCord Charger Recall Issued For 3,500 Vehicles recalls | 2 days ago
- October 13: BMW Excessive Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Settled news | 4 days ago
- October 3: BMW Recalls X6 Vehicles For Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 14 days ago
- September 20: European Commission Investigates BMW, Daimler and VW news | 27 days ago
- September 18: MINI Cooper Recalls Countryman For Missing Crash Plates recalls | 29 days ago
BMW Recall : Child Safety Locks May Disengage
2014 BMW X5
A disengaged child safety lock would allow the rear seat occupant to pull the door handle twice and open the door while the vehicle is parked or in motion, increasing the risk of injury.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 X5 SAV vehicles manufactured December 12, 2013, through March 10, 2014, and equipped with the Soft Close Automatic (SCA) option. The rear side door lock mechanisms may not have been manufactured to correct tolerances and when the inside door handle is pulled, the previously engaged child safety lock can disengage.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear side door locks and any affected door locks will be replaced, free of charge. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.