- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 6 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 18 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 18 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 22 days ago
- July 19: BMW M3 Rod and Main Bearings Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 26 days ago
BMW Recall : Child Safety Locks May Disengage
2014 BMW X5
A disengaged child safety lock would allow the rear seat occupant to pull the door handle twice and open the door while the vehicle is parked or in motion, increasing the risk of injury.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 X5 SAV vehicles manufactured December 12, 2013, through March 10, 2014, and equipped with the Soft Close Automatic (SCA) option. The rear side door lock mechanisms may not have been manufactured to correct tolerances and when the inside door handle is pulled, the previously engaged child safety lock can disengage.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear side door locks and any affected door locks will be replaced, free of charge. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.