- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 4 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 7 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 26 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 29 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 32 days ago
BMW Recall : Child Safety Locks May Disengage
2014 BMW X5
A disengaged child safety lock would allow the rear seat occupant to pull the door handle twice and open the door while the vehicle is parked or in motion, increasing the risk of injury.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 X5 SAV vehicles manufactured December 12, 2013, through March 10, 2014, and equipped with the Soft Close Automatic (SCA) option. The rear side door lock mechanisms may not have been manufactured to correct tolerances and when the inside door handle is pulled, the previously engaged child safety lock can disengage.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear side door locks and any affected door locks will be replaced, free of charge. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.