- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 7 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 9 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 13 days ago
- May 20: Woman Says BMW Soft-Close Door Smashed Her Thumb news | 30 days ago
- May 5: BMW N63 Class-Action Lawsuit May Soon Be Settled news | 45 days ago
BMW Recall : Child Safety Locks May Disengage
2014 BMW X5
A disengaged child safety lock would allow the rear seat occupant to pull the door handle twice and open the door while the vehicle is parked or in motion, increasing the risk of injury.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014 X5 SAV vehicles manufactured December 12, 2013, through March 10, 2014, and equipped with the Soft Close Automatic (SCA) option. The rear side door lock mechanisms may not have been manufactured to correct tolerances and when the inside door handle is pulled, the previously engaged child safety lock can disengage.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the rear side door locks and any affected door locks will be replaced, free of charge. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (6)
Click a tab for more information.