- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 7 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 24 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 50 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 57 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 57 days ago
BMW Recall : Loose Ground Cable May Cause Shift To Neutral
2016 BMW X5
If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall began February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.