- August 15: BMW Recalls M5 Cars For Incorrect Fuel Gauges recalls | 6 days ago
- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 13 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 25 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 25 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 29 days ago
BMW Recall : Loose Ground Cable May Cause Shift To Neutral
2016 BMW X5
If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall began February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.