- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 10 days ago
- January 4: BMW Recalls 330i and 330i xDrive For Seat Belt Pretensioner Problems recalls | 17 days ago
- December 22: BMW N63 Engine Problems Cause Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 30 days ago
- December 21: BMW Recalls M-Series Vehicles That Unexpectedly Shift Into NEUTRAL recalls | 31 days ago
- December 17: South Korea Finds 6 BMW Fires Were Unrelated to EGR Systems investigations | 35 days ago
BMW Recall : Loose Ground Cable May Cause Shift To Neutral
2016 BMW X5
If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall began February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.