- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 2 days ago
- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 18 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 40 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 42 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 64 days ago
BMW Recall : Loose Ground Cable May Cause Shift To Neutral
2016 BMW X5
If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall began February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.