- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 5 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 7 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 11 days ago
- May 20: Woman Says BMW Soft-Close Door Smashed Her Thumb news | 28 days ago
- May 5: BMW N63 Class-Action Lawsuit May Soon Be Settled news | 43 days ago
BMW Recall : Loose Ground Cable May Cause Shift To Neutral
2016 BMW X5
If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall began February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.