- October 14: Recall: 2020 Toyota Supra Cars May Be Replaced recalls | 3 days ago
- October 10: Recall: BMW Tells Owners To Park Their X3 and X4 Vehicles recalls | 7 days ago
- October 10: BMW Recalls 257,000 Vehicles For Backup Camera Problems recalls | 7 days ago
- September 15: MINI Coopers Recalled To Install Missing Crash Pads recalls | 32 days ago
- September 10: BMW Recalls 745e xDrives To Update Software recalls | 37 days ago
BMW Recall : Loose Ground Cable May Cause Shift To Neutral
2016 BMW X5
If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Electrical System — Wiring
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall began February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (7)
Click a tab for more information.