- December 10: UK Authorities Ban BMW i3 Advertisement news | 0 days ago
- December 7: BMW Recalls 3,100 Vehicles to Fix Instrument Panel Lights recalls | 3 days ago
- December 4: BMW N20 and N26 Engine Lawsuit Blames Timing Chains news | 6 days ago
- December 2: BMW Recalls 2014-2018 i3 Electric and Hybrid Cars recalls | 8 days ago
- November 11: South Korea Fines BMW, Mercedes and Porsche Over Emissions news | 29 days ago
2016 BMW X5
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 BMW X5
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 BMW X5 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2016 BMW X5 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING NHTSA Campaign #16V919000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
Consequence: If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V919000 »