- October 15: Feds Close Investigation Into BMW's Recall Failures investigations | 7 days ago
- October 12: BMW Recalls X3 2.5i, X3 3.0i and X3 xDrive30i Over Airbags recalls | 10 days ago
- September 21: MINI Cooper Oil Filter Housing Lawsuit Won't Be Dismissed news | 31 days ago
- September 11: Dutch Prosecutors Investigating Jeep and Suzuki Emissions news | 41 days ago
- September 10: BMW, Daimler and Volkswagen in German Crosshairs news | 42 days ago
2016 BMW X5
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2016 BMW X5
Official recalls have been issued for the 2016 BMW X5 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2016 BMW X5 ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:WIRING NHTSA Campaign #16V919000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2016 X5 xDrive40e vehicles manufactured July 29, 2015, to September 9, 2015. The affected vehicles have a Digital Motor Electronic (DME) control unit that may have a loose electrical ground cable, possibly causing an under-voltage condition which would result in the transmission shifting to neutral.
Consequence: If the vehicle unexpectedly shifts to neutral, there would be an increased risk of a crash.
Actions: BMW will notify owners, and dealers will tighten the ground cable, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin February 6, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #16V919000 »