- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 0 days ago
- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 16 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 38 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 40 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 62 days ago
BMW Recall : Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2017 BMW X5
If the inflator cannot vent properly, the inflator may rupture, resulting in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants and causing serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- BMW of North America, Inc. (BMW) is recalling certain 2017 X5 sDrive35i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive50i, X5 xDrive35d, and X5 xDrive40e vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with passenger frontal air bag modules using certain air bag inflators that may not vent properly in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag.
- BMW has notified owners, and dealers will replace the air bag modules, free of charge. The recall began on March 20, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 Subject: Delivery Stop & Recall 17V-XXX: ARC Passenger Front Air Bag
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.