- August 2: BMW Recalls X5 and X7 Vehicles With Loose Wheel Bolts recalls | 22 days ago
- July 28: BMW Oil Consumption Lawsuit Filed Too Late news | 27 days ago
- July 5: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 50 days ago
- June 16: BMW Recalls X7s For Head Airbag Problems recalls | 69 days ago
BMW Recall : Passenger Frontal Air Bag Inflator May Rupture
2017 BMW X5
If the inflator cannot vent properly, the inflator may rupture, resulting in metal fragments striking the vehicle occupants and causing serious injury or death.
Air Bags — Passenger Side Frontal
- BMW of North America, Inc. (BMW) is recalling certain 2017 X5 sDrive35i, X5 xDrive35i, X5 xDrive50i, X5 xDrive35d, and X5 xDrive40e vehicles. These vehicles are equipped with passenger frontal air bag modules using certain air bag inflators that may not vent properly in the event of a crash necessitating deployment of the passenger frontal air bag.
- BMW has notified owners, and dealers will replace the air bag modules, free of charge. The recall began on March 20, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Recall Quarterly Report #2, 2017-3
- Recall Acknowledgement
- Defect Notice 573 Report
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc) - Date: Tuesday, March 14, 2017 Subject: Delivery Stop & Recall 17V-XXX: ARC Passenger Front Air Bag
- Recall Quarterly Report #1, 2017-2
- Recall Quarterly Report - #3, 2017-4
Click a tab for more information.