- January 11: Takata Non-Azide Airbag Inflators Investigated by Government investigations | 14 days ago
- January 4: BMW Recalls 330i and 330i xDrive For Seat Belt Pretensioner Problems recalls | 21 days ago
- December 22: BMW N63 Engine Problems Cause Oil Consumption Lawsuit news | 34 days ago
- December 21: BMW Recalls M-Series Vehicles That Unexpectedly Shift Into NEUTRAL recalls | 35 days ago
- December 17: South Korea Finds 6 BMW Fires Were Unrelated to EGR Systems investigations | 39 days ago
BMW Recall : Body Control Unit May Short Circuit
2019 BMW X5
If the BDC short circuits, other nearby components may also overheat, increasing the risk of a fire.
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i vehicles. The capacitors within the Body Domain Controller (BDC) may short circuit and overheat.
- All affected vehicles remain on dealer lots, therefore owner letters will not be mailed. BMW dealers will replace the BDC control unit, free of charge. The recall began on October 17, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.