- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 2 days ago
- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 18 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 40 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 42 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 64 days ago
BMW Recall : Incorrect Or Missing Air Bag Label/FMVSS 208
2019 BMW X5
Without a label that shows the proper restraint usage guidelines, the occupants may have an increased risk of injury in the event of a crash.
Equipment — Other — Labels
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2019 BMW X5 xDrive40i and X5 xDrive50i vehicles. The driver and/or passenger sun visor may have an incorrect air bag warning label, or the label may be missing. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant crash protection."
- BMW notified owners, and dealers will inspect the driver and passenger sun visor, replacing the visors as necessary, free of charge. The recall began January 4, 2019. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
Click a tab for more information.