- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 14 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 40 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 47 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 47 days ago
- October 22: Adaptive Driving Beam Headlights Coming to U.S. Roads news | 48 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Electric Fuel Pump Vapor Lock
2003 BMW Z4
If stalling were to occur, the driver would be unable to maintain vehicle speed or accelerate, increasing the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Fuel Pump
- On certain passenger vehicles, under certain environmental conditions, a vapor lock in the fuel pump could occur causing the engine to stall. If this were to happen, the engine would not be able to be restarted for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dealers will install a resistor in the electrical line powering the fuel pump in order to prevent an occurrence of vapor lock. The recall began May 11, 2004. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.