- April 21: BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Recall Investigated investigations | 3 days ago
- April 18: Offices of Audi and Porsche Raided by German Prosecutors news | 6 days ago
- March 30: BMW Soft-Close Automatic Door Amputated Thumb: Lawsuit news | 25 days ago
- March 27: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Names X5 and 335d news | 28 days ago
- March 24: BMW M Carbon Ceramic Brake Noise Lawsuit to Continue news | 31 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Electric Fuel Pump Vapor Lock
2003 BMW Z4
If stalling were to occur, the driver would be unable to maintain vehicle speed or accelerate, increasing the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Fuel Pump
- On certain passenger vehicles, under certain environmental conditions, a vapor lock in the fuel pump could occur causing the engine to stall. If this were to happen, the engine would not be able to be restarted for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dealers will install a resistor in the electrical line powering the fuel pump in order to prevent an occurrence of vapor lock. The recall began May 11, 2004. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.