- June 27: BMW Recalls 51 Vehicles With the Wrong Steering Wheels recalls | 19 days ago
- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 34 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 36 days ago
- June 6: BMW Recalls 335d Over Battery Cable Problems recalls | 40 days ago
- May 20: Woman Says BMW Soft-Close Door Smashed Her Thumb news | 57 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Electric Fuel Pump Vapor Lock
2003 BMW Z4
If stalling were to occur, the driver would be unable to maintain vehicle speed or accelerate, increasing the risk of a crash.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Fuel Pump
- On certain passenger vehicles, under certain environmental conditions, a vapor lock in the fuel pump could occur causing the engine to stall. If this were to happen, the engine would not be able to be restarted for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Dealers will install a resistor in the electrical line powering the fuel pump in order to prevent an occurrence of vapor lock. The recall began May 11, 2004. Owners should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.