- December 12: Feds Close BMW X5 xDrive35d Idler Pulley Bolt Investigation investigations | 3 days ago
- November 25: BMW Oil Consumption Class-Action Lawsuit Includes N63 Engines news | 20 days ago
- October 30: Recall: BMW M3 and M4 Cars Need New Driveshafts recalls | 46 days ago
- October 23: BMW Recalls Vehicles With Upper Control Arms That May Break recalls | 53 days ago
- October 23: BMW EGR Cooler Recall Issued for 1.6 Million Vehicles recalls | 53 days ago
BMW Recall : Bmw/Seat Belt Buckle Tensioner
2003 BMW Z4
If the connection detaches, the protection provided by the safety belt is likely to be impaired, and serious injuries to the driver and/or front passenger could occur that might otherwise be mitigated.
Seat Belts — Front — Buckle Assembly
- On certain passenger vehicles, the connection of the safety belt buckle to the steel rope of the tensioner does not meet BMW specifications. In severe frontal crashes, this connection can detach.
- Dealers will inspect both front safety belt tensioner and buckle assemblies, and if necessary, replace these parts. Owner notification began March 19, 2003. Owners who take their vehicles to an authorized dealer on an agreed upon service date and do not receive the free remedy within a reasonable time should contact BMW at 1-800-831-1117.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.