- November 8: BMW Fires Investigated in South Korea investigations | 5 days ago
- November 7: Takata NADI (Non-Azide Driver Inflator) May Have Killed BMW Driver recalls | 6 days ago
- November 6: Bmw Recalls 2020 BMW X3 M40i and X4 M40i recalls | 7 days ago
- November 6: BMW Recalls 330i and Z4 Vehicles To Replace The Engines recalls | 7 days ago
- October 21: BMW Recalls 4,000 Vehicles To Replace Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 23 days ago
BMW Recall : Excessive Neck Tension-Extension Force/FMVSS 208
2015 BMW i3
During a frontal impact, unbelted, small adult, drivers could be at a higher risk of neck injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014-2018 BMW i3 electric and hybrid electric vehicles. Unbelted, small adult, drivers may be at a higher risk of neck injury in the event of a frontal crash. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will update the Driver air bag control unit software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 8, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at the dedicated i3 recall number 1-855-269-3361.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Miscellaneous Document - December 14, 2017 - ISTA 4.09.13 Software Release Information Required for i3 Recall 17V-720
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Non-compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 208
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 16, 2017 - Delivery Stop & Recall 17V-XXX: i3 Frontal Impact Performance
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
Click a tab for more information.