- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 0 days ago
- July 19: BMW M3 Rod and Main Bearings Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 4 days ago
- June 27: BMW Recalls 51 Vehicles With the Wrong Steering Wheels recalls | 26 days ago
- June 12: BMW X5 xDrive35d Recalled (Again) Over Idler Pulley Bolts recalls | 41 days ago
- June 10: BMW Recalls M5 Cars Over Fuel Pump Failures recalls | 43 days ago
BMW Recall : Excessive Neck Tension-Extension Force/FMVSS 208
2015 BMW i3
During a frontal impact, unbelted, small adult, drivers could be at a higher risk of neck injury.
Air Bags — Frontal
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014-2018 BMW i3 electric and hybrid electric vehicles. Unbelted, small adult, drivers may be at a higher risk of neck injury in the event of a frontal crash. These vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will update the Driver air bag control unit software, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin January 8, 2018. Owners may contact BMW customer service at the dedicated i3 recall number 1-855-269-3361.
- Documents (8)
- ISSUED Owner Notification Letter(Part 577)
- Remedy Instructions and TSB
- Miscellaneous Document - December 14, 2017 - ISTA 4.09.13 Software Release Information Required for i3 Recall 17V-720
- Recall 573 Report - AMENDMENT 2
- Non-compliance Notice 573 Report FMVSS 208
- Manufacturer Notices(to Dealers,etc)- November 16, 2017 - Delivery Stop & Recall 17V-XXX: i3 Frontal Impact Performance
- Recall 573 Report - Amendment 1
- Recall Acknowledgement
Click a tab for more information.