- December 10: UK Authorities Ban BMW i3 Advertisement news | 1 days ago
- December 7: BMW Recalls 3,100 Vehicles to Fix Instrument Panel Lights recalls | 4 days ago
- December 4: BMW N20 and N26 Engine Lawsuit Blames Timing Chains news | 7 days ago
- December 2: BMW Recalls 2014-2018 i3 Electric and Hybrid Cars recalls | 9 days ago
- November 11: South Korea Fines BMW, Mercedes and Porsche Over Emissions news | 30 days ago
2015 BMW i3
1 Recalls & Safety Reports
Recall List for the 2015 BMW i3
Official recalls have been issued for the 2015 BMW i3 by the NHTSA. The complete details of all recalls are listed below, along with what they cover and the recommended solutions.
Recalls don't cost you anything to get fixed, but most are time-limited, so if your car is affected you should call your local BMW service department immediately!
If you have questions about a recall, write down your VIN & then call BMW customer service.
2015 BMW i3 AIR BAGS:PASSENGER SIDE FRONTAL NHTSA Campaign #15V628000
Summary: BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain model year 2014-2016 MINI Cooper S and MINI Cooper two-door vehicles, 2015-2016 MINI John Cooper Works and MINI Cooper S and MINI Cooper four-door vehicles and 2014-2015 BMW i3 vehicles. Due to a manufacturing error, the passenger frontal air bag may not deploy properly in a low speed crash. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 208, "Occupant Crash Protection."
Consequence: In the event of a vehicle crash, an air bag that does not deploy properly increases the risk of injury to the front seat passenger.
Actions: MINI and BMW will notify owners, and dealers will replace the passenger frontal air bag module, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin on November 20, 2015. Owners may contact MINI customer service at 1-866-825-1525 and BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417. For detailed information & supporting documents, see the official NHTSA page concerning recall #15V628000 »