- July 5: BMW Diesel Emissions Lawsuit Dismissed news | 11 days ago
- June 16: BMW Recalls X7s For Head Airbag Problems recalls | 30 days ago
- May 26: BMW N63TU Engine Problems Cause Lawsuit news | 51 days ago
- May 18: BMW Recalls X1, 528i, MINI Cooper and Rolls-Royce Vehicles recalls | 59 days ago
- May 17: BMW Recalls X1 SUVs That May Not Protect Occupants recalls | 60 days ago
BMW Recall : Fuel Vent Line May Chafe And Leak Fuel Vapor
2016 BMW i3
A fuel vapor leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014-2017 i3 REx hybrid electric vehicles. The fuel tank vent line may rub against the ribbed wire protection sleeve of the battery positive (B+) cable, creating a hole in the vent line and causing a fuel vapor leak.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel vent line, replacing it as necessary, and install a clip to prevent it from chafing, free of charge. The recall beganApril 3, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.