- March 22: Certain Automakers Slacking on Automatic Emergency Braking news | 1 days ago
- March 6: BMW Recalls 183,000 Vehicles For Takata Airbag Inflators recalls | 17 days ago
- February 12: BMW X5 Comfort Access Class Action Settlement Proposed news | 39 days ago
- February 10: Electric Car Range Decreases in Cold Temps news | 41 days ago
- January 19: BMW Korea Fined $13 Million, 6 Officials Ordered to Prison news | 63 days ago
BMW Recall : Fuel Vent Line May Chafe And Leak Fuel Vapor
2017 BMW i3
A fuel vapor leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014-2017 i3 REx hybrid electric vehicles. The fuel tank vent line may rub against the ribbed wire protection sleeve of the battery positive (B+) cable, creating a hole in the vent line and causing a fuel vapor leak.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel vent line, replacing it as necessary, and install a clip to prevent it from chafing, free of charge. The recall beganApril 3, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.