- August 8: Active Lane-Keeping and Adaptive Cruise Control Systems Tested news | 6 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X3 and X4 Vehicles For Brake Problems recalls | 18 days ago
- July 27: BMW Recalls X5 and X6 Vehicles With Faulty Control Arm Bolts recalls | 18 days ago
- July 23: BMW Hacked Through Infotainment Systems news | 22 days ago
- July 19: BMW M3 Rod and Main Bearings Lawsuit Filed in New Jersey news | 26 days ago
BMW Recall : Fuel Vent Line May Chafe And Leak Fuel Vapor
2017 BMW i3
A fuel vapor leak in the presence of an ignition source can increase the risk of a fire.
Fuel System, Gasoline — Delivery — Hoses, Lines/Piping, And Fittings
- BMW of North America, LLC (BMW) is recalling certain 2014-2017 i3 REx hybrid electric vehicles. The fuel tank vent line may rub against the ribbed wire protection sleeve of the battery positive (B+) cable, creating a hole in the vent line and causing a fuel vapor leak.
- BMW will notify owners, and dealers will inspect the fuel vent line, replacing it as necessary, and install a clip to prevent it from chafing, free of charge. The recall beganApril 3, 2017. Owners may contact BMW customer service at 1-800-525-7417.
- Documents (9)
Click a tab for more information.