- March 15: Chevy and GMC Air Conditioning Problems Target of Lawsuit news | 38 days ago
- March 8: GM Will Pay Certain Arizona Customers 6.28 Million news | 44 days ago
- February 25: Rear Crash Test Ratings Show Prevention Systems Work news | 55 days ago
- February 19: GM Cracked Dash Lawsuit Includes SUVs and Trucks news | 61 days ago
- February 8: GM Wants Out of Recall of 6.8 Million Trucks and SUVs news | 72 days ago
Cadillac Recall 06079: Certification Tire Label/FMVSS 110
2006 Cadillac SRX
If a customer replaces a wheel and only relies on the rim size designation that is indicated on the label, a wheel that is of a different rim Contour designation may be installed. It may be difficult or impossible to mount the tire on a wheel with the wrong Contour. If the tire is mounted on the wheel with the wrong Contour, the wheel and tire may not perform as intended, which could increase the risk of a crash.
Wheels — Rim
- Certain sport utility vehicles and trucks fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard no. 110, "tire selection and rims." These vehicles have an incomplete tire rim designation on the certification/tire label located on the driver's door edge. In addition, the label may also be missing the tire load rating on the label. Although this information is not required by the standard, if a tire of a lesser load rating is installed, the tire may not be able to sustain the loads encountered during use.
- A label that will correct the label originally installed will be mailed to consumers along with installation instructions. The customer will have the option for dealers to install the label. The recall begaon on November 7, 2006. Owners should contact Cadillac at 1-866-982-2239, Chevrolet at 1-800-630-2438, and GMC trucks at 1-866-996-9463.
- Documents (5)
Click a tab for more information.